djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2021/22 thread

'Manic Monday' gives the impression that Curtis Main signing is not going to be the only thing happening today.
I expect Strips, Contracts, Season Ticket details and hopefully another signing as well. 
The club must be trying to distract us from the Euros build up. Must admit I am 99% focused on Scotland just now, so much so the Main signing hasn't even annoyed me . Will probably take till September before it kicks in.

Fck it. He is one of us now. Need to get behind him (from the sofa for just now).

Sounds a bit like Mehmet, although he scored sometimes, especially against Falkirk.

I really despair of the negativity of our fans some times.

Signed a new striker on a 2 year deal.  Early in the transfer deadline so he's clearly someone the management wants and not a last minute desperation signing.

This is the management team that got us to both cup semis and our highest league finish since Labour were relevant in Scotland.

Give Jim and Curtis a break FFS.

Main will prove to be a good signing for you lot I think.

He's not an out and out goal scorer but puts in a shift and can give a bit of a "chaos factor" which can create chances for others. I was surprised when Aberdeen signed him from but for a team looking to push for top 6 I think he'll definitely do a job and there are far worse strikers at this level.

Jim does say that he likes a pool of 5 forwards to choose from. Main will be our 4th.

However, this only approaches becoming an understandable signing on the proviso that Lee Erwin is now moved on ASAP. I can sort of understand people saying he's a worker, harries the opposition etc so that might somewhat make up for a lack of goals but Erwin, for his nice touches and decent(ish), link up, doesn't do any of that donkey work and can't fall back on an abundance of goals to mask this.

So now that Main is in, there's surely no space for Erwin?

Main was fantastic for us for six months. I think he scored 8 in his first 16 games.

He then had a woeful six months, but after Christmas in his second season, the pressure on him to score seem to be relieved as Turnbull and Hastie started scoring and he actually became very useful at being the big man up front who hassled the defenders and allowed other players to produce. Despite the goals drying up after six months, he did play a pivotal role for 1.5 of his 2 seasons with us.

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

St Mirren trying to rebuild our Thunderdome team 1 player at a time is quite the twist. What's Cedric Kipre up to?

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

St Mirren trying to rebuild our Thunderdome team 1 player at a time is quite the twist. What's Cedric Kipre up to?

Turnbull next...

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Turnbull next...

DT was part of Young Motherwell - the nice, pimply replacement for the team that battered everyone.

Success. Playing in Ireland. As I said there's a reason Lewis Ferguson hasn't played in Ireland to win any of the trophies there.
15 goals, 2 cup semis and 2 caps this season is better than Ferguson's record.

I'm behind this. He's a unit, he works hard. If he gives his all, he'll get the backing from the fans. 

As it stands, I'm confident our strike force at the start of next season is stronger than at the start of last season. So that's progress.

Now he is here……….time for silver linings………at times last season we really needed an out ball and someone who could hold the ball up……..so welcome Curtis, hope you do Well 😛

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:
4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:
Success. Playing in Ireland. As I said there's a reason Lewis Ferguson hasn't played in Ireland to win any of the trophies there.

15 goals, 2 cup semis and 2 caps this season is better than Ferguson's record.

Oh dear.