The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

23 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

emoji85.png

I like RG but he half doesn't make it hard for himself sometimes emoji23.png.

Site would be boring as f**k if nobody was willing too, IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I hope not, he's pish.

Disagree. Tanser is a very capable LB. I'd be happy with this one if it comes off.

Since Radford has mentioned it, might as well say this was the name I'd also heard for LB and was pretty happy at the thought of.

Edited by djchapsticks

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The state of the Fake's thread too.emoji1.png

We've now got the 'no point in breaking the bank for a player who wouldn't get a game for us' excuse getting rolled out. I wouldn't expect a club like St Johnstone to be able to compete financially with us for players we are keen to pursue. O'Halloran was a nice to have but we could do better & have done as today. 

Edited by buddie06smfc

2 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

We've now got the 'no point in breaking the bank for a player who wouldn't get a game for us' excuse getting rolled out. I wouldn't expect a club like St Johnstone to be able to compete financially with us for players we are keen to pursue. O'Halloran was a nice to have but we could do better & have done as today. 

We didn't even offer O'Halloran anything in the end, when it became obvious Kiltie was signing. He was holding out for us, but in the end he didn't actually have the choice.

Oh dear.
Oh dear indeed. We have the experienced, goalscoring, internationalist, multiple title and cup winning Jamie McGrath and you have Ferguson who's only clain to fame is his old man. No wonder you are looking on with envy.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Madness, really. If winning two cups and securing European football doesn't make you appealing to players you want to sign, then probably nothing will.

In all seriousness this is a major worry for me. After the last cup win in 2014 everyone seemed to spend the Summer patting themselves on the back, and we ended up selling May and scrambling around to replace him to the point the best option was Brian Graham on loan. Long term it forced "glory hunter" fans away as we had to shitfest that entire season.

Its still early but I'm fearful we're all about to witness a club stagnating due to success again. Kiltie is a top 6 signing for any club, in terms of now and in the future.