The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I actually didn't realise quite how shit Ireland had been. Apparently Kenny hasn't actually won a game since taking charge. When you look at the Centre backs they've picked you'd think McCarthy can't be too far away, simply based on how old and off form these guys are.

8 minutes ago, GAD said:

I actually didn't realise quite how shit Ireland had been. Apparently Kenny hasn't actually won a game since taking charge. When you look at the Centre backs they've picked you'd think McCarthy can't be too far away, simply based on how old and off form these guys are.

Yeah, I'd take McCarthy in my team 10 times out of 10 over Duffy.

10 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Would rather have Scott Allan

Given the lack of creativity in Hibs midfeld, I would imagine a fit Scott Allan will walk back into their midfield next season.

Woke up this morning to big changes at Ross County looking for a new manager, Dundee United also. Motherwell letting 16 first team players being released.  A clear out at Killie on the cards also would imagine there are some good pickings maybe to be had. 

Yeah... if people could stop touting Lafferty please. He is simply not worth the hassle, and it's likely we'd pay through the nose in wages if he has other suitors.

All round, a bad deal for both us and the player.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yeah... if people could stop touting Lafferty please. He is simply not worth the hassle, and it's likely we'd pay through the nose in wages if he has other suitors.

All round, a bad deal for both us and the player.

Lafferty will have bigger fish to choose than us I would think. If we could have I would take him in a heart beat. On the park he is a very good striker. 

3 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Lafferty will have bigger fish to choose than us I would think. If we could have I would take him in a heart beat. On the park he is a very good striker. 

Of the things Lafferty is, it's not "a very good striker".  Do you seriously think he is the best we can aim for?

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Of the things Lafferty is, it's not "a very good striker".  Do you seriously think he is the best we can aim for?

Surely it's not what you can "aim for" and is "what is possible". 

Lafferty is very possible for St Mirren. He's also better than Erwin, Obika and Brophy (that's the only three strikers of yours I know).