The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Obika involved in all three goals on Saturday, surprised he hasn’t been offered a contract yet. Hope someone else doesn’t nick him on a PCA.
Good draw in the cup. We won’t have to beat anyone above us in the league to reach the semi finals, which doesn’t happen often. We had to beat two teams above us to reach the league cup semi. Huge chance for us.

Was Obika's best game in a long time if no contract is offered im confident Goodwin has a replacement of better quality.  

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Actually I am ashamed that we haven't  already withdrawn from the Scottish cup and requested that Hamilton Accies should be awarded our spot in the next round. It's only fair since they were cheated by the SFA officials. 

Did you know Brian Rice first phoned Crawford when he was 13 and has phoned him twice since? 🤯

7 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

If you go back by quite a few pages you will see  i admitted to that. However well done Colin. 

See, it's good to be "out of the closet", sad you don't post on BAWA anymore (but I don't blame ya) it's dying a lingering death and I guess a lot of us have to put our hands in the ayr  for that...

Hibs confirming at their AGM Q&A this afternoon that they will get a 15% cut of any transfer fee that Villa pull in for McGinn. 

They also confirmed that we will be due that fabled 30% slice of whatever they get. 

For example, a £40m transfer would pull in £6m for Hibs, of which they'd pass £1.8m onto us. 

Edited by djchapsticks

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Hibs confirming at their AGM Q&A this afternoon that they will get a 15% cut of any transfer fee that Villa pull in for McGinn. 

They also confirmed that we will be due that fabled 30% slice of whatever they get. 

For example, a £40m transfer would pull in £6m for Hibs, of which they'd pass £1.8m onto us. 

Revealed: How much Hibs and St Mirren stand to make if John McGinn is sold by Aston Villa | Edinburgh News (scotsman.com)

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm happy to admit I got it wrong, but seeing John McGinn being hunted by the biggest clubs in England for £40m+ is something I'd have been all over this thread ridiculing folk for if they'd suggested this outcome when he still played for you, or Hibs.

18 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

But but but...the Hibs fans all told us it was a sleeve of Mayfair and a tracksuit.

I put on here that I hoped McGinn didnt go to Celtic as he was too good for them.  There was a pile on saying how a jobber from St Mirren who got a lucky move to Hibs wasn't Celtic standard.  

Wonder how all that "Celtic Mindedness" worked out for them this season...?

Edited by Doctor Sanchez

Reading Jim’s post match comments from the Well game, I think he is missing the point. Yes you can say we don’t score enough goals but the strikers get very little to work with. The midfield is compact but a bit ponderous and our wingers have really poor delivery, with crosses either floated in or aimlessly sent in, nothing a striker can go and attack. 
We definitely need strengthening upfront but unless we can bring in someone in the middle of the park who can pick a pass then we will continue to struggle to score goals. I keep thinking of the goal Obika scored against Hearts and without the vision of Wallace that would never have happened. Our current midfield would have played a smashing pass sideways or backwards.