Jump to content
djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2021/22 thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf if you're giving it out you have to expect some back.

True, and I nearly added that the tone of the response from the Saints fan was a bit much for my tastes.

But still, I think he's been rattled there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf if you're giving it out you have to expect some back.

TBF as well, he was conspicuous in his silence the other day when it was pointed out that despite the last 2 years being spent complaining about how badly he was treated by the board and their expectations, he opened up his first interview as SMFC manager by calling the board 'ambitious and realistic' without any prompting to do so.

It's a fucking shocking bit of patter in reply to what was a shite initial post though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folk saying get rid of Erwin and McAllister, they're both under contract, no? That'll involve someone taking them, even on loan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, djchapsticks said:

TBF as well, he was conspicuous in his silence the other day when it was pointed out that despite the last 2 years being spent complaining about how badly he was treated by the board and their expectations, he opened up his first interview as SMFC manager by calling the board 'ambitious and realistic' without any prompting to do so.

It's a fucking shocking bit of patter in reply to what was a shite initial post though. 

Hes a thick w****r, but I always find it hilarious when managers/players respond to fans abuse with abuse back, as most fans seem to think they're somehow untouchable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, if Doyle-Hayes is allowed to leave, I claim him for Perthshire.

Mental you have fans who'd rather see him leave than build a midfield around him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stubbsy, to be completely fair to him has managed in his 3 month tenure to far, far outweigh both Davie Hay and Alex Rae in terms of how deeply, deeply hated he is by St. Mirren supporters.

Imagine only being in a job for 3 months and you make yourself more of an irredeemable ubercunt than Alex fucking Rae. That takes quite some amount of doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Stubbs is busy covering himself in glory on Twitter.

 

Screenshot_20210320-180632.png

Deary me. This is like Brent and Finchy trying to poke fun at each other in The Office. Toe curling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Also, if Doyle-Hayes is allowed to leave, I claim him for Perthshire.

Mental you have fans who'd rather see him leave than build a midfield around him. 

Oh I'd love us to build around him. But a holding midfielder the boy is not. We are absolutely wasting him where his is and I've said so for weeks and weeks.

Stick him 15 yards further up the park and give him the freedom to start picking off runners all day and he'll be revelation. If Goodwin insists on pushing the boat out for him though just to have him knocking 5 yard balls sideways, someone else can do a better job for a lost less outlay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Oh I'd love us to build around him. But a holding midfielder the boy is not. We are absolutely wasting him where his is and I've said so for weeks and weeks.

Stick him 15 yards further up the park and give him the freedom to start picking off runners all day and he'll be revelation. If Goodwin insists on pushing the boat out for him though just to have him knocking 5 yard balls sideways, someone else can do a better job for a lost less outlay.

Punt Goodwin then 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The remaining fixtures should be...

Hamilton, DU at home

Kilmarnock, Motherwell and RC away.

However, given that time we had to play Falkirk away 3 times, who knows.

I'd say play them all away from home but then as we're not allowed in it doesn't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

That's funny TBH. 

It really wasn't. If Stubbs had properly put the guy back in his box then fair enough. But his response was entry-level at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to feel sorry for @Ric

Starts a topic laughing at Yogi Hughes taking over in Dingwall - who goes on to be doing a solid, if unspectacular, job. Went around the forum desperate for attention and predicting top six finishes and Fitzpatrick being correct, Goodwin being an excellent manager only to fall face first at the final hurdle. Oh buggery.

Edited by Mr. Alli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Stubbs is busy covering himself in glory on Twitter.

 

Screenshot_20210320-180632.png

That poster Stubbs is responding to is a grade A bellend who used to pollute BAWA and has a history of dishing out verbal abuse to our youngest players. Stubbs is quit within his rights to respond like that.

I have to say though, a grown man posting on Twitter is a bit odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Class from Stubbsy.

For his profile pic alone he can say what he likes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope when Jim watches the game back he can reflect on his part too, yes we could have only had 2 in the wall and yes it was a soft free kick but he needs to improve his game management.  His unforced tinkering  on 56 minutes disrupted the team and then to take off our only outlet who could hold the ball up with a couple of minutes to go was plain daft.

Even pre game, to talk of his future career ambitions in the pre match press conference was naive at best and plain stupid at worst, he and the players hadn’t achieved anything pre match and now he’s got to pick them back up and stop our season drifting away. 

He is a young manager who will do very well in the game if he learns from this and if he doesn’t then he will become the next Allan Archibald.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Torfason said:

 he will become the next Allan Archibald.

This is the way I see it panning out.

He speaks very well and seems like he cares but is very tactically nieve and seems to believe Fitzpatricks fantasies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

This is the way I see it panning out.

He speaks very well and seems like he cares but is very tactically nieve and seems to believe Fitzpatricks fantasies. 

Looking back at his comments over the past few months is brilliant, you'd be convinced he'd secured a top 3 finish for St Mirren based on them.

Massively inflated opinion of what hes actually achieved/capable of. Given the biggest managers wage in St Mirrens history, and one of the biggest budgets in their history, and he finishes in the bottom half and is papped out a cup by Livingston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the thread title changed ? 

I have had a few beers but I was convinced it was top 4 / 6 or something of that ilk. 

Goodwind is a decent Manager but he was starting to think he was Mourinho. 

Quite a few decisions going for the buddies this past fe months, but no acceptance of their luck. More about Covid stopping their push for a Euro place. Dearly me. Ultimately Karma has a habit of serving justice at the right moment.

The quest for top 6 goes on for near on 40 years...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Has the thread title changed ? 

I have had a few beers but I was convinced it was top 4 / 6 or something of that ilk. 

 

Nah you've imagined that. :whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...