djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2021/22 thread

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This was the league going into our meeting at McDiarmid in January, a game that felt like it was win or bust time for us...

Screenshot_20210320-090513_Chrome.thumb.jpg.91e504d0f69c67fb3cd838cd28a6655b.jpg

Good lord Killie... when was the last time they won?

1 minute ago, AmericanFan said:

Good lord Killie... when was the last time they won?

They beat Hamilton on the 9th of January, when Dyer was still manager.

They'd picked up 7pts in his last 6 games, and only 1 in the 10 since.

Cheers, I've been trying to "profile" players through numbers, and was just going team by team to see anything interested (I skipped looking at Doyle-Hayes, because f**k you guys for signing him). I'll spoiler what I mean for folk that don't care for stats stuff.
Spoiler

304650152_download(17).png.3449880a9b4601186fbc35cfbe4c7905.png

1686076789_download(18).png.8cfe7c68510f6a23ce6532fad4a37e43.png

If you see blue then they're underperforming the role they're being asked to play. Red means they're overperforming in that role. Size doesnt really matter that much, especially for young players who haven't played massive amounts, its really just a case of the longer ones being indictive.

So Erhahon is a playmaker who doesn't get stuck into tackles, and is playing well in his own half despite his role not really helping him do that, while MacPherson is an aggressive goal threat who does most of his work in the opposition half, but isn't doing a good job of getting goals or helping the attack in the final third.

That seem fair?

You really need lockdown to end. Soon.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Interesting. Not that Dyer was exactly tearing it up, but I guess people didn't realize back then that averaging a point a match would have been very acceptable for this season.

23 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

You really need lockdown to end. Soon.

This is just me after a week off work 😂

I’d absolutely love to finish in the top 6. It wouldn’t be the end of the world now if St Johnstone pipped us. However, I would be really disappointed if we blow it now.

Who says mid-table mediocrity was boring? We usually have the thrill of trying to avoid the drop/play-off, but this whole top 6 tilt and trying to overhaul Livi for 5th carry on fairly gets the blood pressure up.

7 points in his last 6 games, but also 7 points in his last 11 games. He had the worst record of any manager in our 28 years back in the top flight.

42 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I’d absolutely love to finish in the top 6. It wouldn’t be the end of the world now if St Johnstone pipped us. However, I would be really disappointed if we blow it now.

Who says mid-table mediocrity was boring? We usually have the thrill of trying to avoid the drop/play-off, but this whole top 6 tilt and trying to overhaul Livi for 5th carry on fairly gets the blood pressure up.

Might as well go for Europe when you have the opportunity.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

7 points in his last 6 games, but also 7 points in his last 11 games. He had the worst record of any manager in our 28 years back in the top flight.

Give it time...

3 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Totally agree. I think the split helps with this as well. Lots of people were skeptical of the split when it came in but I think it's been a good thing. 

If Saint Mirren finish in the top six then does that mean that Marcus Fraser gets called up to the Scotland squad? 

40 minutes ago, yoda said:

If Saint Mirren finish in the top six then does that mean that Marcus Fraser gets called up to the Scotland squad? 

I'd take him before Stephen O'Donnell. 

Looks like Alan Stubbs was right, St Mirren finishing in the top half truly is a ridiculous notion.