djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2021/22 thread

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

You can claim to be the last St Mirren fan in the ground pre pandemic 

Thanks, from now on this will be treated as fact.

9 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Aberdeen mate of mine text a lot chat on twitter regarding Jim Goodwin.  Told him he just signed a three year deal so you would need to buy out his contract. Edit he has just told me the guy who runs Mcbookie saying its Goodwin Aberdeen want. 

Heard from a good source that Stephen Glass is close to signing, Dons not willing to pay compensation for Goody so we secured him just at the right time

57 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Heard from a good source that Stephen Glass is close to signing, Dons not willing to pay compensation for Goody so we secured him just at the right time

Load of pish

12 hours ago, elvis said:

Load of pish

That's a decent summation of your posts.

Just copy and paste it in future.

1 minute ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Stephen McGinn starts for Morton today at East End Park. 🤮

Yeah, I heard wee Gus had gone in for him. I mean it makes sense on paper, but if he has a dodgy game will the Morton fans forget his history (or Gus' for that matter).

13 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Stephen McGinn starts for Morton today at East End Park. 🤮

Will this be the first time he's played there since he played a key role in the incredible Cammy Smith goal the other year?

3 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Why is there not a full fixture list today?

I could be wrong , but I think this was supposed to be a Scottish cup weekend.

Today's results were kinda what I expected - at least County are still in the frame and will have everything to play for next week

On paper we have a better team than Hamilton, unfortunately it's not quite as simple as that - COYS!

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, Lola montez said:

Vaclav playing at Wembley today, go on son✌🏼

Saved a penalty i see from Twitter.  

He was very good at that...  

Salford are now the Papa John's Trophy holders. Until Sunday. When this seasons final is played

McGinn in a Morton top...

ub63Khi.png

No idea if he played well or not.

As for Hamilton next week, as we've all said, if given the opportunity of a game against Hamilton to secure a top 6 finish we all would have bitten the hand off from whoever was offering it. What's more. although a win would be ideal, we only need to match the result in Perth. We could even lose the game and still achieve it.

McGinn in a Morton top...
ub63Khi.png&key=323366e1d61b1fe1b483804fe43671e221c67db7512ea0fb987361cecfe90c36
No idea if he played well or not.

As for Hamilton next week, as we've all said, if given the opportunity of a game against Hamilton to secure a top 6 finish we all would have bitten the hand off from whoever was offering it. What's more. although a win would be ideal, we only need to match the result in Perth. We could even lose the game and still achieve it.

After dominating matches v County for years but not winning, we are due to give them a hiding soon. Maybe.

1 hour ago, andrewh said:

After dominating matches v County for years but not winning, we are due to give them a hiding soon. Maybe.

That looks just odd.

Was surprised to read a tweet from Lee Mair yesterday in support of a footballer who was frozen out by an ex-manager the said player scored against his ex manager at the weekend. Lee Mair wrote he had the same experience at St Mirren being frozen out by Danny Lennon and Tommy Craig. 

6 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Was surprised to read a tweet from Lee Mair yesterday in support of a footballer who was frozen out by an ex-manager the said player scored against his ex manager at the weekend. Lee Mair wrote he had the same experience at St Mirren being frozen out by Danny Lennon and Tommy Craig. 

He was  talking about Aug 2013 to January 2014 . He only had a couple of starts , and only as a last resort. He left first week in Jan !

7 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Depends - when is a player frozen out and when is one dropped for being shite?

I don’t think Mair was a big miss, from memory.