The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

That takes us to 7 signings so far this summer (assuming Baccus is a St Mirren player). Only outdone by Hibs who have brought in 8.

Goalkeepers

Carson, Lyness, Urminsky 

Defenders

Shaughnessy, Dunne, Gallagher, Fraser, Tait, Tanser, Strain 

Midfielders

O'Hara, Erhahon, Flynn, Baccus, Henderson, Kiltie, Reid, McMaster 

Forwards

Brophy, Main, Greive, Ayunga, Olusanya, Jamieson, Offord

1 minute ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Now that’s a Stephen. Robinson signing if ever I saw one.

Just because Stephen Robinson is our manager, and he signed him. Am I right?

Nailed it. The Motherwell fans banter on this has been decent to be fair. It’s the close season, and a wind-up never hurt anyone. 😜

Three questions. Same as for any St Mirren signing… Is he better than what we had already? Is he carrying a really serious injury that put off bigger clubs? Does he look good in a badged-up training top in Ireland?

4 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

That takes us to 7 signings so far this summer (assuming Baccus is a St Mirren player). Only outdone by Hibs who have brought in 8.

He is, I expect to see him announced this week.

I'd say one more midfielder and another defender and we'll be good to go.

8 minutes ago, elvis said:

Dons fans glad to see the back of him can't be that bad surely. You don't go from playing international football to being utter shit in space off a couple of years.

I’d say they had far bigger issues in their squad than an injured Declan Gallagher.

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

Dons fans glad to see the back of him can't be that bad surely. You don't go from playing international football to being utter shit in space off a couple of years.

In his start at Fir Park he was the best central defender we'd had in years and years. But he was injured (or ill, can't mind) just before the corona halt, was below that level when football returned and got progressively worse - to the extent we were better with him out the team - before leaving in a dubious manner. If you can get him playing in the form he had August-December 2019 he's a truly outstanding signing but given that's a few months out of an average career, he's probably in the 'punt worth taking' category rather than a guaranteed addition of quality. 

17 minutes ago, elvis said:

It was a few months, before he signed with Abderdeen.

Aw these players and Roobo and Las. The first meeting will seem like a testimonial .

18 minutes ago, elvis said:

Kevin van veen would disagree 

23 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Now that’s a Stephen. Robinson signing if ever I saw one.

Just because Stephen Robinson is our manager, and he signed him. Am I right?

You've now got about 6 former Motherwell players likely to start for you, it's surely not a huge surprise their fans are paying attention to your club?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've now got about 6 former Motherwell players likely to start for you, it's surely not a huge surprise their fans are paying attention to your club?

6 former players (Carson, Tait, Dunne, O'Hara, Main and now Gallagher) and 4 former staff (Lasley, Robinson, O'Carroll and Foyle).

Edited by capt_oats

23 minutes ago, elvis said:

Leigh Griffiths played in that match

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

6 former players (Carson, Tait, Dunne, O'Hara, Main and now Gallagher) and 4 former staff (Lasley, Robinson, O'Carroll and Foyle).

We’re a baw’ hair away from having a claret & amber away kit. 😄

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Also, St Mirren are absolute fucking box office on here. We sign a player and obviously it's going to be big news and extensively discussed across multiple threads by fans of every club.