The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

10 hours ago, Biscuits said:

Can we stop with the Main bashing?

He gets a clean slate from me - full pre season under a new boss who seems to bring out the best in him.

Go smash it Curtis emoji123.png

Sorry if it came across as Main bashing because it wasn’t meant to.

Just getting a bit fed up with Motherwell fans appearing every time we sign someone and saying “Yup, that’s a Robinson signing” when it’s clear he can sign different types of player.

15 hours ago, aldo_j said:

It’s a step change for us as we’ve typically gone down the tried and tested route.

Apart from the Kearney January. That was tremendous. I mean, who the f**k were Hladky, Corbu, Muzek, Popescu & Nazon? Top shaggers, the lot of them. Give me a window like that every few months. 

I don’t think Oran Kearney ever got the credit he deserved for that window. To save us from certain relegation after the Stubbs debacle was a quite incredible achievement.

The penalty shoot out and Vaclav Hladky will live long in the memory.

19 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I don’t think Oran Kearney ever got the credit he deserved for that window. To save us from certain relegation after the Stubbs debacle was a quite incredible achievement.

The penalty shoot out and Vaclav Hladky will live long in the memory.

The pervading narrative was that Gus had come in as DoF to fix our transfer strategy and that window was the short-term outcome.

Didn't add up because those signings were all very un-Gus like.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Just getting a bit fed up with Motherwell fans appearing every time we sign someone and saying “Yup, that’s a Robinson signing” when it’s clear he can sign different types of player.

I think we should give them two stands for the opening game at GHR as they will obviously bring a humungous number of fans, however if they start singing Willie Pettigrew songs then :guntoting

12 minutes ago, greenock saint said:

"I've waited a long time for an opportunity in Scotland. But I couldn't wait any longer. With Patro Eisden I am opting for a great project that will also give me certainty in the coming years. I will join an ambitious club and I will be able to continue training as a professional."

Sounds like he wanted it to happen but we've held off, maybe because he was further down the shopping list than other targets. An indication that Gogic is still a possibility....?

Looks like Pietermaat was down the list and he's not wanted to wait about, understandably.

I'm guessing Gogic and Matt Butcher are our top two targets for the holding mid role and Pietermaat would have only been an option if those two don't work out. 

11 hours ago, Stu said:

Mind you, the Motherwell thread is a better source of St Mirren info than this one at the moment. Any news from the club and those guys have got it up in seconds.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Mind you, the Motherwell thread is a better source of St Mirren info than this one at the moment. Any news from the club and those guys have got it up in seconds.

They do seem somewhat fixated.