The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

7 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

I've got a season ticket for the Tony Fitzpatrick stand and usually my youngest goes with me. I was quite happy to miss the Old Firm fixtures. 

This season I'll turn up to those games and pay the £30 as a thank you to the club. 

My only concern is potential bother because a large number of Old Firm fans buy home end tickets (perhaps as a protest). Hopefully the club will have procedures in place to stop that happening.

The procedure should be simple, any away fan found in the home end should be punted out the stadium.

20 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I particularly liked the idea from one of their fans that we're apparently losing £300k from this.

It's also a bit rich Rangers fans warning us about us having impending financial problems. The fucking cheek... 😂

Indeed. Its like being called a neglectful parent by Kate and Gerry McCann.

Well done St Mirren, this is absolutely the right decision.

There were a few 'give the old firm as much of the stadium as they want' types on here a few pages back, but I can't see them commenting now.

The fact those numpties on followfollow think that boycotting SMP while banning St Mirren fans from Ibrox is any kind of punishment is frankly hilarious.

Celtic fan in work coming out with the usual ‘only cutting our allocation out of spite, the seats will sit empty’. I told him I would be more than happy for the seats to sit empty rather than be filled with some jakeball that turns up at Celtic away games to watch their team of multi million pound international football players beat St Mirren. 

When we were talking this morning I said that the highest attendance at St Mirrens new stadium was actually from a game against Dundee United, and the Old Firm attendances were comparable to games against Hearts and Aberdeen due to the amount of home fans that refuse to attend. ‘Bullshit, Google that’ was the reply I got. I immediately googled it and of course was proven correct. The Dundee United play off game was attended by 7770 people, Old firm games have almost always been between 5500 and 6500. It buttoned him up when that fact was presented to him.

They honestly think their away support is some sort of charitable organisation that should be lauded for turning up in such large numbers. 

8 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Celtic fan in work coming out with the usual ‘only cutting our allocation out of spite, the seats will sit empty’. I told him I would be more than happy for the seats to sit empty rather than be filled with some jakeball that turns up at Celtic away games to watch their team of multi million pound international football players beat St Mirren. 

When we were talking this morning I said that the highest attendance at St Mirrens new stadium was actually from a game against Dundee United, and the Old Firm attendances were comparable to games against Hearts and Aberdeen due to the amount of home fans that refuse to attend. ‘Bullshit, Google that’ was the reply I got. I immediately googled it and of course was proven correct. The Dundee United play off game was attended by 7770 people, Old firm games have almost always been between 5500 and 6500. It buttoned him up when that fact was presented to him.

They honestly think their away support is some sort of charitable organisation that should be lauded for turning up in such large numbers. 

I'm pretty sure that even before that Dundee United game the two biggest attendances at the new ground were games v Kilmarnock.

10 minutes ago, GAD said:

I'm pretty sure that even before that Dundee United game the two biggest attendances at the new ground were games v Kilmarnock.

I think you are correct. The first game at the new stadium, and a game a year or so later when Kilmarnock completely sold out the away end and possibly the corner of the west stand. 

image.png.867a35088d1eaf4bc9aecfa73ba4e718.png

Fairly kind opening set of fixtures IMO, we avoid last seasons top three in our opening six games.  Could be doing with at least ten points on the board before we go to Tynecastle in September, and start a tough run of playing three of them in four games. 

11 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

It’s quite something to see both cheeks of the old firm suffer from delusions of grandeur, and a massive sense of entitlement.

They live in a parallel universe.