The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I was watching the Alex Ferguson documentary on C4 but am now watching the Italy v Germany game.

The only mention of St. Mirren in the first 50 minutes was one line which wasn't even true.

"I was PART-TIME manager of St. Mirren for 3 and a half seasons."

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I was watching the Alex Ferguson documentary on C4 but am now watching the Italy v Germany game.

The only mention of St. Mirren in the first 50 minutes was one line which wasn't even true.

"I was PART-TIME manager of St. Mirren for 3 and a half seasons."

I haven't seen that documentary since it first came out, and I'm all for Fergie obviously, but I remember there being a few instances of them making economic use of the true storyline in it.

He implied that he only went to Aberdeen because it was a full-time gig, which overlooks a fair amount of other shit that went down!

Zero mention of Cantona's time at Leeds, where they beat Man Utd to the title before Fergie had ever won it. They instead create the illusion that Fergie plucked Cantona from obscurity in France.

They also spent time labouring on the point of him being raging for failing to thrash Rangers in the cup final, with reference to how they had treated his wife, while choosing to ignore the fact that they actually did thrash Rangers in the previous year's final, which didn't get a mention.

Etc.

41 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Press & Journal reporting we knocked back £100,000 for  Dunne then we slapped the  £350,000 price tag on his head. 

Might as well rip the piss out of it when it comes to price every other c**t in the country is.

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Press & Journal reporting we knocked back £100,000 for  Dunne then we slapped the  £350,000 price tag on his head. 

100k for a player who is injured more often than not sounds fair to me. 

5 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

I’d say £100 to £150K would be about a fair price. That should cover the cost of keeping the old firm mutants out of the family stand.

42 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’d say £100 to £150K would be about a fair price. That should cover the cost of keeping the old firm mutants out of the family stand.

The extra 200k must be to get us a decent replacement for Dunne 👍

This was the reply I got from my Boro mate regarding Olusanya

We really didn’t see enough of him.. had flashes of a good touch but never fitted any systems warnock or wilder played, so a squad player.. he’s an international for some African club I think