The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just now, houston_bud said:

Yeah, the difference is quite stark. Robinson kicks every ball, you can imagine his enthusiasm would be pretty infectious. I think similar to their post match interviews, Goodwin is a lot calmer and clearer. Robinson got some stick for his interviews when we were on our bad run but after a good result the enthusiasm is probably a positive thing. He certainly couldn't be accused of not caring.

I'm totally fine with someone showing that level of emotion, and it's possible his enthusiasm will get something different out of the team than Goodwin did. The only problem is I am nervous af for 90 minutes already, so seeing Robinson jump around like crazy only adds to that nervousness!

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Love the close season. 😀

Did we ever establish why you don't see so much white dog shite nowadays or whatever happened to Aztec chocolate bars ?

Oh aye, and then there's the Coconut Dug joke.

Close season was more fun back in the olden days.

🥥🐕

58 minutes ago, Ric said:

On a side note, anyone else noticed the difference in the dugout? Goodwin always seemed fairly relaxed, although happy to give a moan or two, but Robinson is a bundle of nervous energy. Not sure which is better for the team, but as a supporter I think I preferred Goodwin's manner. It's a small thing, certainly not worth being bothered by, just wondering if others had noticed.

Your having to have a good look for criticism there Ric. I was gutted when Goodwin left to be replaced with a fast talking strong northern Irish accent.  The last four games have proved the players now understand Robinson message.  The magic wond on Main has worked it also a peek into Robinson getting the best out his players.  I think Robinson will be a big hit with Saints. 

3 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Your having to have a good look for criticism there Ric.

This isn't a criticism, not sure why you'd think it is.

The difference is noticeable, it's neither good nor bad, just it is what it is.

His nervousness does seem to transfer to me while watching but that's a "me problem", not his.

Edited by Ric

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Did we ever establish why you don't see so much white dog shite nowadays or whatever happened to Aztec chocolate bars ?

🥥🐕

Bring back the guestbook.

5 minutes ago, jm1 said:

Not sure this will work but it looks a lot worse than I remember.

https://web.archive.org/web/19991012061349/http://www.stmirren.com/guestbook/guestbook.cgi

October 1999. I ran the website (well, me and Kebabs) from June that year until the summer of 2001. I was just an enthusiastic amateur in the infancy of unofficial websites.

It had its perks though, for our season in the SPL I was getting £100 a month from Arena Leisure for writing a blog a couple of times a week plus a press pass for all away games bar the OF.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Bring back the guestbook.

39 minutes ago, jm1 said:

Stuart: I've just tried to visityour website and......I got this message saying I was banned and 'piss off back to Greenock'.

Is that why you want it back Stu, so you can get a resolution on your unfair banning? ;)

30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

October 1999. I ran the website (well, me and Kebabs) from June that year until the summer of 2001. I was just an enthusiastic amateur in the infancy of unofficial websites.

It had its perks though, for our season in the SPL I was getting £100 a month from Arena Leisure for writing a blog a couple of times a week plus a press pass for all away games bar the OF.

The old guestbook was legendary.

Don't be modest Tom, you did a cracking job.

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

🥥🐕

How did it go again?

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Stuart: I've just tried to visityour website and......I got this message saying I was banned and 'piss off back to Greenock'.

Is that why you want it back Stu, so you can get a resolution on your unfair banning? ;)

That looks like someone replying to 15-year-old me in their attempts to access the snazzily named Stuart's St Mirren Website 🤣

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The old guestbook was legendary.

Don't be modest Tom, you did a cracking job.

Ah, didn't realise Arch Stanton was Tom. Does Kebabs/Donna still post anywhere? I know she disappeared from B&W Army years ago.

9 hours ago, NorthBank said:
10 hours ago, AW saint said:
Omg how bad is the play off semi final

Absolutely dire. Should be a stroll in the park for the Fakes else they deserve to go down.

St Johnstone are terrible but Inverness never tested Gaston across the two games. Can't see them troubling St Johnstone. 

I hope Inverness come up but I don't see it. 

2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

St Johnstone are terrible but Inverness never tested Gaston across the two games. Can't see them troubling St Johnstone. 

I hope Inverness come up but I don't see it. 

Must have been bad if they couldn't score against the ladybird from Ben and Holly.