The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Not keen on McCart at all. Rooney likely heading south. Hendry looks half decent but not seen enough of him to comment. 

Any ideas where Rooneys off to?

Think he could start down south since he's just a big lump. They love that sort down there.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd take Hendry and/or Rooney.

McCart, I've never really rated. Wasn't a fan in his brief spell with us.

I'd be amazed if you've not approached Hendry, and suspect he'd work well with all your striking options. Guys quality.

McCart seems to play to the level of his team mates, so if your other CBs were good he'd be good, and also the opposite. 

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

Have you anyone that used to play for Motherwell?

Ciftci, you can have him now if you want?

8 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Tanser clearly waiting for confirmation that we're (almost certainly) staying up. And I don't blame him for a second.

I've got that pre-season, squad-building excitement growing again now. I'll never, ever learn.

Just dropping this in here but Morecame have made Obika available for transfer.

Jonah Ayunga, Ryan Cooney, Ryan Delaney, Courtney Duffus, Wes McDonald, Ryan McLaughlin, Shane McLoughlin, Anthony O’Connor, Jon Obika and Connor Pye remain under contract but have been made available for transfer.

Link

Edited by capt_oats

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Ha, yeah. Can't see that happening, tbh. Shame for the big man, he's a good guy, but I'd like to think we'll be aiming for better.

(Though just had a massive brain melt and confused Shane McLoughlin, on that list, with Sean, the defender who excelled for us a couple seasons ago.)

Edited by Coventry Saint

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Did Robinson not try and sign him for Motherwell? Then obviously managed to for Morecambe.

Obika and Main front line next season for the Buddies.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did Robinson not try and sign him for Motherwell? Then obviously managed to for Morecambe.

Obika and Main front line next season for the Buddies.

Aye, he was in on trial with us before he signed for St Mirren. I believe we decided Christy Manzinga was a better option.

774C99F3-1A60-4D46-958B-7E0158C3051B.png

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

I'd much rather have Hendry from St Johnstone if that's a possibility. 

He's out of contract this Summer and won't stay if Callum Davidson does.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's out of contract this Summer and won't stay if Callum Davidson does.

Any chance teams with bigger budgets than us would be interested? Could you see Hibs/Aberdeen/United looking at him?

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Any chance teams with bigger budgets than us would be interested? Could you see Hibs/Aberdeen/United looking at him?

I'd be surprised if every club outside the top 3 weren't interested.

He'll want a move where he'll be first choice, so maybe rules out some of the "bigger" clubs who won't be able to guarantee that yet because theyre dreaming of signing superstars.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I may be completely wrong here but we're you St Mirren fans not basically chasing Tanser earlier this year? :lol:

Not quite. He's never been universally acclaimed in a Saints shirt. A few of our fans think he's defensively naive.

He had a good start to his time with us but got injured so didn't play for many weeks which led to many discussing he'd probably be away under the new regime given his contract was up and had an option of a year. 

33 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I may be completely wrong here but we're you St Mirren fans not basically chasing Tanser earlier this year? :lol:

I'm gonna say, of our regular starters, only Ronan has avoided getting a chasing this season.

Not surprised to see Ethan linked with a move upwards from us, he’s a very talented lad. Probably will be best for him if he moves on this summer. He got unfairly scapegoated during the Hibs game and the unwise tweet that followed meant it all got a bit toxic.
Can see him going on to have a good career, hopefully we get a fee and more importantly a decent sell on.

I would move Ethan on if we get a decent fee. I think its time for him to find a new club. He just doesnt seem to be improving or making a position in the first team his own. Got some talent in there but not as good a some of the younger lads coming through