The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Anyone know who Kiltie ran to in the St Johnstone dugout  ? 

It was Henderson in the Saints dugout. Henderson had predicted that Kiltie would score on the bus on the way to the game.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/greg-kiltie-shares-delight-netting-26847322

Edited by Munoz

43 minutes ago, Munoz said:

It was Henderson in the Saints dugout. Henderson had predicted that Kiltie would score on the bus on the way to the game.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/greg-kiltie-shares-delight-netting-26847322

Aye, they were talking about this on Twitter with each other.  Didn't realise the significance of it till I read your link. 

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Nah. Not happening. St Johnstone fans assured us he would be agitating for a move.

Poor man’s Callum Booth remember mate. What chance does he have of a bigger move when Mr Booth is a better player than him. 

12 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Tanser the shitebag signs a 2 year deal. Excellent bit of business. Just keep him fit.

Genuinely surprised at this as I had assumed he was one of the players who'd be moving on. Even if he had stayed, I just sort of assumed it would have been the extension being triggered.

If he gets back to his early season performances it can only be a good thing. Injury has sort of done any momentum he had this season.

Tanser the shitebag signs a 2 year deal. Excellent bit of business. Just keep him fit.

Happy with that, he’s been a good signing overall and is a real threat going forward. Feel we really missed him when he was out the team the last couple of months.

I remember Goodwin saying that, for years, there's been an acute shortage of decent left backs in the transfer market so good news that Tanser will carry on.

The squad can't actually be all that far away from being complete? Especially if another youngster or two breaks through?

Carson, Lyness

Shaughnessy, Dunne, Fraser, Tait, Finlayson, Tanser

O'Hara, Erhahon, Baccus, Henderson, Kiltie, Reid

Brophy, Main, Greive, Jamieson, Offord

Ronan replacement, left winger and McCarthy new deal / replacement? 

43 minutes ago, Torfason said:

I need @RandomGuy. to comment before I decide if this is a good thing or not.

And once again I'll tell you he's one of the best attacking left backs in the league so he'll always have value for teams here.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And once again I'll tell you he's one of the best attacking left backs in the league so he'll always have value for teams here.

Great thanks. OK, I’m happy he’s signed the extension. 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

I remember Goodwin saying that, for years, there's been an acute shortage of decent left backs in the transfer market so good news that Tanser will carry on.

The squad can't actually be all that far away from being complete? Especially if another youngster or two breaks through?

Carson, Lyness

I feel that we need another centre half whether McCarthy leaves or not. We've been terribly light in terms of cover there. Finlayson has been playing as both RB and centre half at Kelty but I'd also like a first choice right-back. Tait isn't strong enough anymore to be relied on and Fraser has been in really poor form this season.

It was also reported last week that we're well down the road in terms of a centre-forward.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Genuinely surprised at this as I had assumed he was one of the players who'd be moving on. Even if he had stayed, I just sort of assumed it would have been the extension being triggered.

If he gets back to his early season performances it can only be a good thing. Injury has sort of done any momentum he had this season.

Also, when Robinson was complaining that we had recruited for 3-5-2, it was reasonable to assume Tanser was one of those he was referring to. But I was clearly reading too much into it.

5 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Carson, Lyness

Any time I've seen Finlayson, he doesn't look able to make the step up - I wouldn't be surprised if he's allowed to leave.

I also dont think you can count Reid, Offord or Jamieson, as its unknown whether they will make sufficient progress to be in and around the first team - i reckon loan moves are likely for all of them.

If we reckon we would need a first team squad of 20, that means we're still five short - 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and a striker, and more if anyone else leaves.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I feel that we need another centre half whether McCarthy leaves or not. We've been terribly light in terms of cover there. Finlayson has been playing as both RB and centre half at Kelty but I'd also like a first choice right-back. Tait isn't strong enough anymore to be relied on and Fraser has been in really poor form this season.

It was also reported last week that we're well down the road in terms of a centre-forward.

I wouldn't be shocked if you're after some of ours (McCart, Rooney, Hendry).

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not keen on McCart at all. Rooney likely heading south. Hendry looks half decent but not seen enough of him to comment. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd take Hendry and/or Rooney.

McCart, I've never really rated. Wasn't a fan in his brief spell with us.