The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

We are so bad that most fans ARE actually contemplating whether we should be getting rid of him sooner rather than later. I hope he comes good but I’m sure Jamie Langfield would have been able to guide us to safety by now.

Fans up in arms with a player social media post. Fans wanting the manager sacked. Gates falling , anti Kibble.  House of cards collapsing play off final it will be then. I see Jim Goodwin is doing as well as Robinson.  Robinson will not be sacked coggles  are well underway for rebuilding next season. 

11 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Not next week

sack him. Now 

This must be getting talked about at BOD level , we may  struggle to pay him off , but relegation will cost us much more. Whatever it takes , we must stay up !

What we are witnessing is a terrible decision by the club made weeks ago. They wrongly thought the season was over after our last gasp winner against Dundee. To tell most of your small squad that they won't be here the following season was madness.  Modern fitba is totally different and they have badly misjudged the situation 

32 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

God almighty!!!

The knicker wetters are in full suicide mode. We will stay up and let’s see what the summer brings. Relax buddies

Even if we stay up, which should happen given our position and even if we end up in the play offs the championship teams are poor , have 3000 fans seen enough to renew their season tickets for next season? Do we trust Robinson to rebuild the squad? 

He has came out with some amount of guff in his interviews, we can't see any sort of style he is trying to implement. 

He needs to install some sort of confidence for the fan base to feed off, if we win get 10 points in 3 games and build some sort of momentum to next season, aye that's fair enough get behind him but I will be surprised if we win another game this season. 

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Even if we stay up, which should happen given our position and even if we end up in the play offs the championship teams are poor , have 3000 fans seen enough to renew their season tickets for next season? Do we trust Robinson to rebuild the squad? 

He has came out with some amount of guff in his interviews, we can't see any sort of style he is trying to implement. 

He needs to install some sort of confidence for the fan base to feed off, if we win get 10 points in 3 games and build some sort of momentum to next season, aye that's fair enough get behind him but I will be surprised if we win another game this season. 

I mean there's unrealistic expectations and then...

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I mean there's unrealistic expectations and then...

Well aye, no chance of that happening. Robinson isn't going to get a clean slate in the summer when he puts together his own team (if he gets the chance to). 

Anyone who is backing the manager 100% will be in a tiny minority. Its not a healthy way to start a new season and trust the guy to sign his own players.

29 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Well aye, no chance of that happening. Robinson isn't going to get a clean slate in the summer when he puts together his own team (if he gets the chance to). 

Anyone who is backing the manager 100% will be in a tiny minority. Its not a healthy way to start a new season and trust the guy to sign his own players.

That's what I fear too, Robinson has used up most of his goodwill.

Not sure why people think sacking Robinson is suddenly going to get players who are clearly just going through the motions suddenly motivated ?

They won’t sack him before the end of the season, so it’s immaterial. But in the one game that Langfield had in charge we battled away and got a point with ten men away at Livi.
That’s what we need now, just a few battling draws. Had we got two or three of them in the games we’ve lost over the last couple of months we’d be fine and looking to next season. Instead, we lose every game.

7 minutes ago, Lex said:

They won’t sack him before the end of the season, so it’s immaterial . But in the one game that Langfield had in charge we battled away and got a point with ten men away at Livi.

That’s what we need now, just a few battling draws. Had we got two or three of them in the games we’ve lost over the last couple of months we’d be fine and looking to next season. Instead, we lose every game.

If we lose next week then he'll deserve to be sacked and surely the board will surely be getting tetchy. 

It's really too late for anyone external to come in and make a mark on this squad in the last 4 games of the season. 

Yesterday was clearly an attempt to stop shipping a crazy amount of goals.

We're 5pts ahead of St. Johnstone. If we Win next week i don't care how shit we are, I don't see them getting 8pts in 3 games.

We even have a game against dundee to come too, who we've actually beaten since Robinson came in.

The last few months have been dreadful, god awful even, but it's not over yet.

3 hours ago, CambieBud said:

God almighty!!!

The knicker wetters are in full suicide mode. We will stay up and let’s see what the summer brings. Relax buddies

Agreed. Hopefully, we can dig in and avoid 11th or, if necessary, get through a play-off against what will be a distinctly average Championship side.

Robinson hasn't covered himself in glory to say the least: don't know why, when it was working, he shook up the formation after taking over and his comments after the Motherwell game were unprofessional. He's human like everyone else though and I remain confident that he'll put a decent team out once he's freshened up the squad. Let's not forget that his appointment was almost universally welcomed because of what he achieved at Motherwell; I'm sure that the board will keep the head even if we do go down and give him the chance to build something.

23 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Agreed. Hopefully, we can dig in and avoid 11th or, if necessary, get through a play-off against what will be a distinctly average Championship side.

Robinson hasn't covered himself in glory to say the least: don't know why, when it was working, he shook up the formation after taking over and his comments after the Motherwell game were unprofessional. He's human like everyone else though and I remain confident that he'll put a decent team out once he's freshened up the squad. Let's not forget that his appointment was almost universally welcomed because of what he achieved at Motherwell; I'm sure that the board will keep the head even if we do go down and give him the chance to build something.

Unbelievable to think people are now talking about going down ?? This guy took over a team that were bound for the top six yet we should accept relegation and keep the faith. Can you honestly see us sticking with this manager if we go down? Imagine he had a bad start ? Look I think he will survive but it’s been absolutely terrible from all concerned for months now 

4 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Unbelievable to think people are now talking about going down ?? This guy took over a team that were bound for the top six yet we should accept relegation and keep the faith. Can you honestly see us sticking with this manager if we go down? Imagine he had a bad start ? Look I think he will survive but it’s been absolutely terrible from all concerned for months now 

Plus, he can only motivate players he has signed himself, so we're looking at 22 out, 22 in this summer. Plus Curtis Main who is staying put.

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Plus, he can only motivate players he has signed himself, so we're looking at 22 out, 22 in this summer. Plus Curtis Main who is staying put.

Keeping Curtis Main is a sacking offence in itself. I don’t really like all the trial by social media thing, but ffs it doesn’t take a pro football manager or coach to work out the lad is clearly out of his depth at this level, and the small matter that he lacks ability. I can’t remember seeing a player with so little ability play at this level.

4 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Fans up in arms with a player social media post. Fans wanting the manager sacked. Gates falling , anti Kibble.  House of cards collapsing play off final it will be then. I see Jim Goodwin is doing as well as Robinson.  Robinson will not be sacked coggles  are well underway for rebuilding next season. 

Nope, over 4000 home fans at the game again yesterday.