The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, billyg said:

The BODs from the past would have him in the last chance saloon by now. A loss next week and he would be gone, when there's still a chance of saving ourselves, with some backroom staff in charge !

If Gordon Scott was still calling the shots the trigger would of been pulled by now. 

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

May be of some interest to a few in here :D 

339A0579-49A3-40B5-88AA-9C7A0CBD5A97.jpeg

He's got his account locked, probably not right to be making that public. 

For what it's worth he's been rotten recently but he's maybe got a point. Some fans go way over the top. 

13 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

For what it's worth he's been rotten recently but he's maybe got a point. Some fans go way over the top. 

Erhahon is as entitled to his view as we are to ours posting and mumping our gums on here. My guess (from the emojis he used) is that he heard some less than complimentary comments from the home fans. Robinson clearly heard one that prompted him to retort with a ‘fcuk off’. Only this week, I saw the Chelsea captain remonstrate with a home fan who was giving him grief after their game this week.

Absolutely, us muppets in the stands, we couldn’t lace Erhahon’s boots. We could never hope to be more than weekend five-a-side triers. We get that. One win though Ethan, one fcuking win out of nine, and that was a 92nd minute goal at the bottom club. Sorry, but when you’ve been collectively utter shite for so long, you need to suck up the criticism. Prove us wrong by winning the odd game and not get fcuking relegated.

Edited by pozbaird

15 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Regardless of it being private he’s got 1,500+ followers on it. He’s well aware it’ll be seen. 

I’ve always rated him, thought he looked a good player when I’ve saw him. Although he seems to take criticism really badly, even from the stands. Always reacts to stuff 

I'm sick of Robinson trotting out the fact that these aren't his players as an excuse. He seems oblivious to the idea that admitting you can't get a tune out of a group of players that you didn't sign isn't a brilliant look. It's made worse when you consider he has previously worked with three of the squad.

Plus, he's undermining his own argument by failing to get performances out of a guy he has previously signed.

He's right that we recruited for 3-5-2, and that's left us very unbalanced, and that's on Goodwin. But I could still perm the available players into any modern formation without once typing out the words 'Curtis Main'.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Regardless of it being private he’s got 1,500+ followers on it. He’s well aware it’ll be seen. 

I’ve always rated him, thought he looked a good player when I’ve saw him. Although he seems to take criticism really badly, even from the stands. Always reacts to stuff 

Fair enough. And posting that isn't a great look, even if it is just to your pals. I posted some absolute drivel when I was 20 though, so I wouldn't be too hard on him. 

I think he's a smashing player on his day, unfortunately we've not seen many of his days recently. 

4 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Fair enough. And posting that isn't a great look, even if it is just to your pals. I posted some absolute drivel when I was 20 though, so I wouldn't be too hard on him. 

I think he's a smashing player on his day, unfortunately we've not seen many of his days recently. 

Honestly I posted it for a few bites knowing it’s a controversial thing for him to say. You lot are far too nice though :D Here’s hoping you manage to get a few wins in and dry up.

47 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

May be of some interest to a few in here :D 

339A0579-49A3-40B5-88AA-9C7A0CBD5A97.jpeg

Can't be arsed with this shite. You're happy, more than happy to take adulation when things are going well so the criticism should be equally as taken on board.

I'm a fan of Ethan. I do thin he gets a relatively hard time of things but the fact is that he's been not very good this season and indeed Dylan Reid had shown more in his brief appearances.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Can't be arsed with this shite. You're happy, more than happy to take adulation when things are going well so the criticism should be equally as taken on board.

I'm a fan of Ethan. I do thin he gets a relatively hard time of things but the fact is that he's been not very good this season and indeed Dylan Reid had shown more in his brief appearances.

I’ve been critical of Erhahon in the past but always willing to give young players as much time as possible.

Today I thought he started quite well and seemed up for the challenge. Then he does that annoying thing when he completely loses his concentration, while appearing to show less and less application and effort resulting in him getting stick from the crowd, before the inevitable substitution.

He’s definitely got an attitude issue that’s holding him back.

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Its a race to the bottom between us and Aberdeen. They have a better squad than us but Goodwin has been just as bad as Robinson 

Can see the last day fixture between us & them being important....

Edited by btb

It does seem fitting that Ethan would take to social media to show us he cares, as opposed to doing so on, say, the pitch 
Nail on head. Get anti 'social media' so far away tofuck ....its rotting everyone's brains grrrrrr
And as for everyone quoting twitter every day....give us a rest please

20 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Nail on head. Get anti 'social media' so far away tofuck ....its rotting everyone's brains grrrrrr
And as for everyone quoting twitter every day....give us a rest please

Fukin kids these days!