The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We've tended to go for lower league, lower profile guys, or promoted from within. Really not sure anyone fits the profile or leaps out at me from the Champ/seaside leagues.

Has anyone who pays more attention got any suggestions?

David Longwell??

18 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We've tended to go for lower league, lower profile guys, or promoted from within. Really not sure anyone fits the profile or leaps out at me from the Champ/seaside leagues.

image.jpeg.22cd94444a778c4edf01f93423f8ee81.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We have always got Allan McManus and Andy Webster from our Academy if we promote from within.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Dougie Imrie is doing a good job with a diddy lower league team. 😏

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Jim Goodwin will not leave St Mirren at this time . Negotiat wages , experience from interviews.  Whatever Jim will be St Mirren manager till at least the end of the season. Put your money on it.

Take a greenie for such a bold prediction!

When terms were agreed with Sunderland (23/5/18) to speak to Jack, SMFC released the statement below. Have been expecting similar the past couple of days but... nothing.

https://www.stmirren.com/club-news/1890-club-statement-3

St Mirren Football Club can confirm we received a formal approach from Sunderland AFC for permission to speak to our manager Jack Ross.

After agreeing to our terms we have reluctantly given them permission to speak to Jack about their vacant managers position.

34 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

When terms were agreed with Sunderland (23/5/18) to speak to Jack, SMFC released the statement below. Have been expecting similar the past couple of days but... nothing.

https://www.stmirren.com/club-news/1890-club-statement-3

St Mirren Football Club can confirm we received a formal approach from Sunderland AFC for permission to speak to our manager Jack Ross.

After agreeing to our terms we have reluctantly given them permission to speak to Jack about their vacant managers position.

Seem to remember Gordon Scott wasn’t too happy with how Sunderland went about that. They’d already spoken to Ross and all but offered him the job before speaking to the club.

The longer Goodwin remains not Aberdeen manager, the greater chance there is of him not becoming Aberdeen manager.

Ideally there will be an announcement, official or otherwise, that Aberdeen are interested in other candidates, and Goodwin can get down to the important job, beating Livi.

17 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I live two minutes from the Sunderland training ground. Believe me, that description doesn't narrow it down.

Charlie Methven, who was like a failed Apprentice candidate on Sunderland Till I Die. Very fluent in management bullshit and buzzword bingo.

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

The longer Goodwin remains not Aberdeen manager, the greater chance there is of him not becoming Aberdeen manager.

Ideally there will be an announcement, official or otherwise, that Aberdeen are interested in other candidates, and Goodwin can get down to the important job, beating Livi.

We all know he's going .so they take our manager and f**k up the team preparations  as well For Livy game players minds will be elsewhere due to this .Livy 4-1 and Dundee 2-0.