The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

16 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

The £250K...... would be interesting to know if Lee Sharpe is included in that.

Pretty sure that Jim would only take the job if he's allowed to bring in Sharpe as his assistant. If Lee's not part of the compensation fee quoted then could we be looking at closer to £400K to buy out 2 contracts?

Aberdeen already have an assistant manager....could be awkward. 

Just one of the reasons why I can't see Goodwin leaving. 

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Aberdeen already have an assistant manager....could be awkward. 

Just one of the reasons why I can't see Goodwin leaving. 

Who were the assistants under Tommy Craig? Was it Thommo, Teale AND Goodwin, or was Teale only promoted when Goodwin was demoted back to the squad for getting sent off all the time? My memory is hazy.

Either way, my point is Goodwin has first-hand experience of the disruptive impact that overly powerful player/assistants can have. Because he was one. Will be interesting to see how he handles that if he goes.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Who were the assistants under Tommy Craig? Was it Thommo, Teale AND Goodwin, or was Teale only promoted when Goodwin was demoted back to the squad for getting sent off all the time? My memory is hazy.

Either way, my point is Goodwin has first-hand experience of the disruptive impact that overly powerful player/assistants can have. Because he was one. Will be interesting to see how he handles that if he goes.

Teale and Goodwin were the assistants. Until Goodwin smashed someone (maybe Armstrong?) and he was demoted back to concentrate on his game. 

Thommo done his badges I'm sure but was doing punditry before he even retired so it was an easier transaction for him and a less stressful way to earn money. Deffo has a face for the TV 😍.

My main gripe would be, is Dave Cormack willing to rip up his project and revamp the structure of the club so the manager has 100% say in recruitment? 

Also the style of football would be an issue for Aberdeen fans. Solid but unspectacular is why they got rid of McInnes.

More food for thought for Jim is, his potential boss has sacked 2 managers in about 12 months. We were the same during a period of unrest. Is he guaranteed a fair crack at the whip?