The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

So how many managerial vacancies in Scotland are we up to now ?

Aberdeen, Dundee, QoS and Alloa, is that it or have I missed any ?

Anyhow, if Aberdeen are prepared to buy out Goodwin's contract he'll be offski. I think Goodwin's major achievement has been his man management by creating (what appears to be) a happy, unified squad. This is usually a key ingredient in a successful team. The 'Irish connection' has also paid off for us big time. No matter who takes Goodwin's place I fear that the feel good factor within the squad could be lost which will surely be to our detriment. 

Oh well, let's hope for a happy outcome somehow or other. 

🙂

26 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So how many managerial vacancies in Scotland are we up to now ?

Aberdeen, Dundee, QoS and Alloa, is that it or have I missed any ?

Anyhow, if Aberdeen are prepared to buy out Goodwin's contract he'll be offski. I think Goodwin's major achievement has been his man management by creating (what appears to be) a happy, unified squad. This is usually a key ingredient in a successful team. The 'Irish connection' has also paid off for us big time. No matter who takes Goodwin's place I fear that the feel good factor within the squad could be lost which will surely be to our detriment. 

Oh well, let's hope for a happy outcome somehow or other. 

🙂

If Goodwin goes to Aberdeen, Jack Ross would be a seamless replacement that shouldn’t see any feelgood factor dissipate. Ross knows the club, would be on a decent footing with the support, did well with us before, and would return with bags more experience to a club with (in my opinion) manageable expectations. Ideally I want Goody to stay, but if he leaves, Ross wouldn’t be a risk, an unknown, or a character that the directors didn’t already know. Would get my backing the moment he arrived back. At least things are never dull down FeegieField way.

Edited by pozbaird

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If Goodwin goes to Aberdeen, Jack Ross would be a seamless replacement that shouldn’t see any feelgood factor dissipate. Ross knows the club, would be on a decent footing with the support, did well with us before, and would return with bags more experience to a club with (in my opinion) manageable expectations. Ideally I want Goody to stay, but if he leaves, Ross wouldn’t be a risk, an unknown, or a character that the directors didn’t already know. Would get my backing the moment he arrived back. At least things are never dull down FeegieField way.

Only he's a cert for Dundee job.

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

Ross has been unemployed for months, if Dundee were that desperate for him to go there they could have done it long before now. I think the fact they have done this now shows there is nothing certain about his appointment.

That's not to say he won't end up there, but it's perhaps less "signed and sealed" as you suggest.

25 minutes ago, elvis said:

🤣 You never give up at least your consistent.  Then you may be right if Goodwin stays which I think he will  Aberdeen have already received a knock back from a foreign coach. Best for Goodwin to stay finish this season then get a move down south. Aberdeen are a basket case under the American owner. 

6 hours ago, Ric said:

Aberdeen fans (in general, you understand, not you specifically) are not even close to the OF in regard of arrogance regarding their position within Scottish football, but they are out on their own in 3rd place (unlike their real world experience).

As a wise man once commented as we were reflecting on the absolute state of some of the weirdos peering through the Pittodrie segregation fence at us, "At least the Old Firm have got something to be cocky about".

24 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

🤣 You never give up at least your consistent.  Then you may be right if Goodwin stays which I think he will  Aberdeen have already received a knock back from a foreign coach. Best for Goodwin to stay finish this season then get a move down south. Aberdeen are a basket case under the American owner. 

We don’t have an American owner 

Crazy how quickly things can change (HAHA CUP WINS TO RELEGATION) in this league tbh. Last week you lot look like great shouts for 4th.

Next week Goodwin and Ross could be managing other clubs and you're close to appointing Steven Pressley.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

St Johnstone fans so desperate for positive news that they're gloating about stuff that hasn't actually happened.

Literally wasn't gloating, it was just a musing.

The league is so tight this year that things for clubs seem to be changing every week.

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

True! But he is US based. That's where your money comes from.

Lets just hope he keeps pumping his stacks of USD into The Famous Aberdeen(Tm) and gets our "basket case of a club" some points to add to the 30 we have so we can at least catch up to "high flying" St Mirren currently on 32.

The American dream.