The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, btb said:

Dougie Imrie - returning to the ground where he spent the happiest 18 months of his playing career.

I know it's a joke but he's managed to turn around an almost perma fucked Morton. Way too early for him, but anyone that can survive the Championship shows they have a certain something.

This is obviously being engineered by Tony Fitzpatrick. He’s desperate to get Goodwin out the door so he can take over and finally secure that top 6 spot that is inevitably coming.  He will then be able to ride off into the sunset with a smile on his face. 
Good work there Mr St Mirren, you deserve it. 

12 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If anyone who follows a Scottish senior team stops going because they sell their best players, they need a wee lie down, some tablets, and a slap across the ashet administered with cries of ‘get a grip man’.

I'm wrote I feel like that . Have been following St Mirren since 1967 travelling all over including Europe. I'm into my mid 60's now going to the football involves a bus, ferry , 2 trains. You don't give up a love for your club like that but when the weather is shit it does put you off going. I have a season ticket used 3 times this season. Will be at Livingston on Saturday  and booked a hotel in Paisley for the Hearts game and a wee nostalgic night out in Paisley. Will keep supporting Saints but maybe from a far see how I feel come the re-new period of the season ticket. 

39 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Considering the footnote of irrelevance they are in the Scottish football story.

What is a footnote, if not the provision of further information that is not apparent in the current context. Another example would be 'Aberdeen are a big, successful club.'

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm fucking fed up with Aberdeen treating us as a feeder club.

Alex Ferguson, Steve Cowan, Dougie Bell, Peter Weir, Billy Stark, Frankl McDougall, David Winnie, Ian Cameron, Ricky Gillies.

If Goodwin jumps ship I wish him nothing but ill will and hope he's back to selling chocolate biscuits within a few months.

You forgot Kenny McLean. But I get your drift. 

I'm honestly a bit excited at the prospect of Jack Ross coming back. Don't get me wrong, I love Goodwin and I hope he stays, but that Jack Ross period was the second best I've ever had as a St Mirren fan (millennium season was no 1 obviously) and a suitably chastened Jack Ross with "unfinished business" here to rebuild his reputation just sounds really good fun to me!

It'll probably be Derek Adams instead....

1 minute ago, GAD said:

I'm honestly a bit excited at the prospect of Jack Ross coming back. Don't get me wrong, I love Goodwin and I hope he stays, but that Jack Ross period was the second best I've ever had as a St Mirren fan (millennium season was no 1 obviously) and a suitably chastened Jack Ross with "unfinished business" here to rebuild his reputation just sounds really good fun to me!

While I appreciate that he'd probably be the best candidate, I am probably in the minority that I do not want him back at the club.

He would be infinitely better than some fucknugget like Adams, if the board appointed him I'd likely not watch a single game of his reign.

3 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Why does seemingly every c**t on the West Coast believe this myth? 

😂

Probably because you have underachieved for so long despite having the the third largest budget. 

Our club has won as many major honours as your club in the last 20 years. St Johnstone have won three times more than you in the last 20years. Let that sink in.

You had been so financially astute that you ended up buying our urinals when we left Love St.

Given that Stewart Milne was such a selfish cnut and kept the league voting system to sustain his dream I’d love to see your team relegated this season and spend a few years in the Championship. 😂 

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm fucking fed up with Aberdeen treating us as a feeder club.

Alex Ferguson, Steve Cowan, Dougie Bell, Peter Weir, Billy Stark, Frankl McDougall, David Winnie, Ian Cameron, Ricky Gillies.

If Goodwin jumps ship I wish him nothing but ill will and hope he's back to selling chocolate biscuits within a few months.

You must be as old as me.

14 minutes ago, GAD said:

You were doing so well until you mentioned Derek Adams.

13 minutes ago, WHU said:

Liked some of the stuff Kelty tried to play at the weekend, what about Kevin Thompson? 

10 minutes ago, Silvio said:

No fucking way.

We don't need a manager who spends all of his time talking about Rangers. 

This^^

Kelty have a huge budget. My mum could probably have them playing well. See how well Barry Ferguson did when posed a challenge at Alloa. 

I would be devastated if Kevin Thomson is considered for the Saints job if Goodwin leaves, he is miles off a bigger job in Scotland has to prove so much more with Kelty Hearts. I can well imagine his mates in the media will be touting him for the job.

Goodwin had achieved so much more with Alloa when he got the job at Saints. 

If we lose Jim - which looks increasingly likely - I think trying to get Jack Ross back is easily best option.  Would just like things to progress very quickly. We have 2 games coming up which with wins would put as very close to top 6. We don't need this right now.

Goodwin has been entirely unspectacular with us, but he has steadied the ship. We don't tend to go long spells without points, we just chip away with draws here and there, enough to achieve mid-table medicority. A good, steady manager.

I'd prefer he stayed with us, but if he goes, then best of luck to him. A club legend.

As much as I think Ross is a snake, he would definitely be my first choice if Goodwin goes as I think he could get a tune out of our current squad. If nothing else, it'd stop us being linked with utter pish like Tommy Wright, Derek Adams and Neil Lennon.

Either way, I'm hopeful this is all resolved sooner rather than later. You'd hope the club are already drafting up a list of potential candidates as we speak and not scrambling about when Goodwin goes.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

:lol:

Aberdeen fans (in general, you understand, not you specifically) are not even close to the OF in regard of arrogance regarding their position within Scottish football, but they are out on their own in 3rd place (unlike their real world experience).

I think  you’re confusing them with the Tynecastle mob!