The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

10 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

My thoughts too, but I’m unsure as to the agreement with Clyde. Is it a loan deal that we have the option to recall him ?

You can't recall players from loan in the same window as you loaned them out.

You can't recall a player to play for you outwith a window.

Just no.

Putting all the surrounding baggage to the side for a second, he's been absolutely pish for Dundee - to the point that he counldn't a game ahead of Danny Mullen, who Goodwin binned in the first place.

I get that we're desperate for a body up front, but get Griffiths to f**k.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sure the SFA stepped in for Saints to recall youngsters for our Celtic game so we had enough players due to a covid outbreak  ? 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair enough. If that’s the case. We’ll most likely stick with Erwin Greive and Main when he’s injury free, until Brophy is back.

free agents at this stage of the season are generally not match fit and a waste of time. Going by our previous Jan window exploits.

1 hour ago, Officer Michaels said:

He fancies children, mate...

1 hour ago, McG said:

He’s a nonce mate.

Is that true, though? All charges were dropped, I thought. I don't trust the tabloid media about stuff like this and I'd not imagine St. Mirren would be near him if there was real evidence of that.

Still nothing on the club website to even mention the passing of ex-Chairman Bob Earlie. They have however, managed to find time to update the website with Kelty Hearts ticket details.

Now, at the risk of me missing something, a sound reason as to why it hasn’t even been mentioned yet, or why there was no minute’s silence at the Motherwell game, I might need to park the thought that the folk running our club are a disgrace.

Griffiths also has a ban (seen folk claiming it'll be 10 games but no idea tbh) due at some point, they're just waiting on his latest court case being wrapped up.

8 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

Is that true, though? All charges were dropped, I thought. I don't trust the tabloid media about stuff like this and I'd not imagine St. Mirren would be near him if there was real evidence of that.

The Police may have declared 'no criminality' within the messages but the fact is, he was messaging an underage girl. That's enough for me for the club to stay well clear of him. 

He's also fell out with and been shunned by every Celtic manager he's played under. He was pictured picking up a hoagie fi a kebab shop at a time where he was meant to be putting extra work in to get fit for Celtic (and Scotland) ffs. Now he's been punted by Dundee. The guy is an absolute tool.

Oh and aside from his off field pish. He's actually not really any good at football anymore... and we've got two strikers at the club that already have that badge of honour, we don't need a third.

A wee bit research ( not the Sun or Record ) but Police statements state no crime was committed so no charges were made. The girl was 15 and a footballer. Griffiths is still married with kids.  I still don't think he is what we need  but the Record & The Sun ffs. 

He’s on the list and is a free agent and I know a number of clubs are speaking to him so we’ll wait and see what comes………all after saying he doesn’t want to do anything until he knows the extent of Brophy’s injury and that he doesn’t like the free agent market as they are free for a reason.

Hardly suggesting he is a target……….it’s not like he was going to say……..nah he’s a fat ned and is done…………#tabloidpish.

25 minutes ago, Officer Michaels said:

The Police may have declared 'no criminality' within the messages but the fact is, he was messaging an underage girl. That's enough for me for the club to stay well clear of him. 

He's also fell out with and been shunned by every Celtic manager he's played under. He was pictured picking up a hoagie fi a kebab shop at a time where he was meant to be putting extra work in to get fit for Celtic (and Scotland) ffs. Now he's been punted by Dundee. The guy is an absolute tool.

Oh and aside from his off field pish. He's actually not really any good at football anymore... and we've got two strikers at the club that already have that badge of honour, we don't need a third.

No he wasn't.

They offered him a deal and he knocked them back.

Anyway, there's as much chance of him signing for us as me signing tomorrow and scoring the winner for us on Saturday.