The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Boyle and Soutter were dropped recently amid transfer speculation. It is a common occurence. Soutter will probably be starting again tonight against Celtic. But St Mirren have to drop their best player at a time when the manager has changed the formation to allow him to play to his strengths? Nose. Spite. Face.

22 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Boyle and Soutter were dropped recently amid transfer speculation. It is a common occurence. Soutter will probably be starting again tonight against Celtic. But St Mirren have to drop their best player at a time when the manager has changed the formation to allow him to play to his strengths? Nose. Spite. Face.

We all know McGrath is a good player but I would say Kiltie has proved himself in the last two games he is on form  would be nuts of Jim not to start him. He should be sitting on two games two goals Kiltie it has to be. 

I see both @NorthBank & @Coventry Saint's point here.

Is it wise to change a team and formation that is winning, after 11 games without one? Probably not. However, McGrath might well have a point to prove, especially against Aberdeen, and he is our best player having proven himself at international level against the likes of Ronaldo, as we all know.

Is Jim mad to play him, or mad not to play him? Maybe that depends of Jamie's attitude, enthusiasm and mental health. That's surely something Jim will be able to assess much better than anybody on here.

21 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

I see both @NorthBank & @Coventry Saint's point here.

Is it wise to change a team and formation that is winning, after 11 games without one? Probably not. However, McGrath might well have a point to prove, especially against Aberdeen, and he is our best player having proven himself at international level against the likes of Ronaldo, as we all know.

Is Jim mad to play him, or mad not to play him? Maybe that depends of Jamie's attitude, enthusiasm and mental health. That's surely something Jim will be able to assess much better than anybody on here.

Good post. To be honest, I can't see Goodwin dropping Kiltie to start McGrath. For me, the only way McGrath starts is if someone is carrying a knock. That doesn't take away from the fact that McGrath is still our best player. He should absolutely be on the bench and I'd expect him to make an appearance.

Rumour (dunno how credible) that we've offered Marcus Fraser a PCA.
Solid, dependable RB. Not much pace, zero frills. Not so much as a CH. No left foot whatsoever. Almost ever present for 2 years. Did come from the Highlands so maybe fancies going a bit back up the road. Easy enough replaced but would be happy if he stayed.

22 hours ago, RiG said:

Fair enough. His loan spell has (apparently) ended and he has returned, for the time being, to Saint Mirren.

Confirmed that Jamieson has returned to Saint Mirren. We're saying that you recalled him. I suspect he has asked to be recalled due to lack of game time.

57 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Rumour (dunno how credible) that we've offered Marcus Fraser a PCA.

52 minutes ago, SS77 said:

Don’t think there will be any truth in that one mate, contract isn’t up until 2023.

:lol:

I think you should name and shame the rumour merchant, Ludo, if only to highlight how fucking stupid they are.

The Fraser chat prompted me to look over our other player contracts. Had an absolute heart attack because Transfermarkt has Brophy as being OOC this summer. 

Obviously he's actually signed till 2024, so we're fine.

Interestingly, there weren't many players OOC this summer that I was actually worried about going. I think we're generally in pretty good shape.

Edited by Coventry Saint

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The Fraser chat prompted me to look over our other player contracts. Had an absolute heart attack because Transfermarkt has Brophy as being OOC this summer. 

Obviously he's actually signed till 2024, so we're fine.

Interestingly, there weren't many players OOC this summer that I was actually worried about going. I think we're generally in pretty good shape.

Aye. We signed up Fraser and gorgeous Joe on longer deals.

Ideally you'd hope we can keep Erhahon, with Brophy up front that's the spine of the team. Resigned to losing Alnwick but have faith they'll be able to find a decent replacement, after all we thought the Czech Wall was irreplaceable.

Aye. We signed up Fraser and gorgeous Joe on longer deals.
Ideally you'd hope we can keep Erhahon, with Brophy up front that's the spine of the team. Resigned to losing Alnwick but have faith they'll be able to find a decent replacement, after all we thought the Czech Wall was irreplaceable.

We have Lyness already[emoji3]