The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

37 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Something's falling down with the English teams; I'm intrigued to know what it is. That's now Boro, Sheff Utd, Bham and Swansea that have apparently been very keen (plus there was a wild link with, IIRC, Watford in the summer), while our demands don't seem outlandish. You then consider that Aberdeen tabled an offer then withdrew because of interest south of the border.

I think his agent keeps bluffing then getting found out. 

I will say this: I'm far more relaxed now about him potentially going at the end of the window. Based on Kiltie's last two games, we are under no pressure to replace McGrath so if he leaves late, it's fine.

I'd agree in essence CS, however if we receive any funds for McGrath we want them in time to be able to use them to boost other areas of the squad.

IMG_7546.thumb.jpg.9dddf506c1031c18e63963e19e02cf70.jpg
MacPherson away. Good bit of business by the club to get a fee and a sell on for him. He had plenty of chances with us under four different managers, but ultimately he just wasn’t quite good enough to establish himself in the first team.
He went to St Johnstone when they were three places above us. Fast forward a few months of him being there and they’re bottom, eight points below us. Think we’ll be fine without him and hopefully we use the money to bring in someone better.

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As has been discussed, we would have been due around £75k as a development fee had he stayed to the end of his contract.

I'm guessing (and I stress it's a guess) that the Saintees have paid around £50k with a 10-20 % sell on fee.

What I heard at the weekend, and this is very much just gossip, is that we were looking for around £100k but settled for £75k and the sell on. To be honest, I had heard that the deal was done at the weekend as well, so not sure what all the recalling from loan and all that was about.

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As has been discussed, we would have been due around £75k as a development fee had he stayed to the end of his contract.

I'm guessing (and I stress it's a guess) that the Saintees have paid around £50k with a 10-20 % sell on fee.

If we were due £75k in the summer I'd like to think we got at least that £75k now.

£50k and a 10-20% sell on would be ultimately just letting him go for £50k.

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

What I heard at the weekend, and this is very much just gossip, is that we were looking for around £100k but settled for £75k and the sell on. To be honest, I had heard that the deal was done at the weekend as well, so not sure what all the recalling from loan and all that was about.

From someone on B&WA

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51506-cammy-macpherson-are-we-aff-wur-heed/&do=findComment&comment=1810063

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If we were due £75k in the summer I'd like to think we got at least that £75k now.

£50k and a 10-20% sell on would be ultimately just letting him go for £50k.

Well, yes. I said yesterday when I suggested it would be a "John McGinn to Hibs" type deal, a fee plus sell on and that, in effect, it would be just a fee.

The ICT rumour mill seems to be suggesting that Jamieson is heading south again. Dodds, for some reason, just hasn't wanted to play him which is frustrating as he's looked more impressive than Duku and, at times, Sutherland as well. 

At full time on Saturday he was straight up the tunnel whilst the rest of the players applauded the away fans. Seems to be a very frustrated figure on the sidelines.

I have no problems with players looking out for themselves, it's a short career and they have to maximise their earning potential. What I do have a problem with is "his head isn't right". However I bet his heads ok to keep picking up a wage from us? He needs to take a leaf out of broadfoots book in 2007 when he signed his PCA with the dead club. Played out of his skin and was one of the major reasons we stayed up.

26 minutes ago, RiG said:

The ICT rumour mill seems to be suggesting that Jamieson is heading south again. Dodds, for some reason, just hasn't wanted to play him which is frustrating as he's looked more impressive than Duku and, at times, Sutherland as well. 

At full time on Saturday he was straight up the tunnel whilst the rest of the players applauded the away fans. Seems to be a very frustrated figure on the sidelines.

Heading south doesn’t really narrow it down. 

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

Don't McGrath and Allan have the same agent these days? If it is to drag on like the summer then it should be at least relatively straightforward if dealing with one agent instead of throwing in outsiders like Drey Wright. 

St Mirren: Jamie McGrath & manager Jim Goodwin 'clear the air' - BBC Sport

52 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Heading south doesn’t really narrow it down. 

Fair enough. His loan spell has (apparently) ended and he has returned, for the time being, to Saint Mirren.

Edited by RiG