The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

The whole situation with McGrath is not ideal. We have a player who could be stuck with us until the end of the season and is not happy. His agent must shoulder some blame here and should be getting a deal for his client in place. 
This is a sad situation for a player admired by our fans but he is now showing disregard for team mates and fans alike. 
Can only hope he goes soon. 
Yeah. Not mentally prepared for Tuesday nights game - [emoji849]

I sympathise with McGrath a bit as there is many a day when I can't be arsed going to work. Although, I'm not reliant on doing my day job in hope of representing my country. I read Goodwin's comments from yesterday, I think he was very fair and honest about the situation. McGrath while he doesn't owe us anything as fans, he owes a lot to Goodwin for the upturn in fortunes he has had since joining. 

I think it is best for all parties that he moves on this month but if it weren't to materialise I'm sure he wouldn't be downing tools for the rest of the season. Talented player who has been ill-advised in recent times, he handled the speculation in the summer and was able to play through it. I think he is being advised now to force the hand of Saints, which never really ends well for anyone. 

I'm not saying Goodwin was wrong in pointing out the influence of the agent, like many I think Goodwin came across as even handed in his post match comments.

However, in terms of giving the "your agent has turned your head" comment, it was made a damn sight easier by our performance, the result and that Kiltie did an excellent job replacing McGrath in the line up.

The sooner Jamie leaves, the better for all concerned now. 

I'm really surprised he hasn't found a decent English club by now. Surely at the rumoured asking price, its hardly a gamble for most Championship or League 1 clubs down South. 

22 minutes ago, Munoz said:

The sooner Jamie leaves, the better for all concerned now. 

I'm really surprised he hasn't found a decent English club by now. Surely at the rumoured asking price, its hardly a gamble for most Championship or League 1 clubs down South. 

BHam City fans on Twitter saying much the same. They see 350k as being absolute peanuts and therefore see minimal risk.

9 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Curtis Main linked with move down south apparently

Shrewsbury were disappointed to miss out on signing him, so I'm sure he'll get a gig somewhere. I don't have any ill feeling towards the guy, but it's not worked out. He's not clinical enough, he doesn't do enough with the strength he has, and his presence on the pitch did atrocious things to our collective mentality/tactics.

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Shrewsbury were disappointed to miss out on signing him, so I'm sure he'll get a gig somewhere. I don't have any ill feeling towards the guy, but it's not worked out. He's not clinical enough, he doesn't do enough with the strength he has, and his presence on the pitch did atrocious things to our collective mentality/tactics.

I've got a mate who is a Shrewsbury fan, and I'm absolutely convinced the standard down there must be absolutely rotten as they not only liked Curtis Main, they were absolutely seething when we got Millar ahead of them as well.

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

Davidson saying we've recalled MacPherson.

That's interesting. He's not done much in Perth, but if we're changing systems there might be more opportunities for him.

I very strongly suspect that the transfer market has dried right up and that replacements for him, McGrath, basically anybody, are hard to come by.

Good decision to recall Cammy. Apparently he had a decent game for them at Tynecastle.
Take him back and stick him on the bench, if it weakens them a little that’s a good outcome. He’s good enough for St Johnstone, but he’s not good enough for us.

He was okay at Tynecastle in the first half, then done his usual and completely vanished. Going gets any sort of tough and he disappears, nothing like what we need just now.

He was okay at Tynecastle in the first half, then done his usual and completely vanished. Going gets any sort of tough and he disappears, nothing like what we need just now.

You think he’s improved since we loaned him to you?
We have a few other youngsters that could do with some top flight game time to aid their development.
Maybe we could arrange a wee loan deal for 16 year old Dylan Reid? He’s like Cammy, but better.

Just now, Lex said:

You think he’s improved since we loaned him to you?

He's barely played so I can't even remember what he was like beforehand. Spent most of his time here injured.

49 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

So looks like Cammy has agreed a pre contract With St Johnstone so he’s been brought back to try and get a fee for the rest of the season.

47 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Good move by the club

Yep, pleased to see us not always bending over in the transfer market.

Kiltie feels like a new signing. Just when we needed it most.

Delighted with that result. We seem to always win in Ayr nowadays but that was still potentially a tricky tie.

Aberdeen up next, will be interesting to see how we get on and if that long corner has finally been turned.