The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Not really mate you wept for *** Derick McIness,.  Was never going to happen . 

8 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

There really is some shit being posted on this thread me included but I'm just posting a fishing line. But let's get serious.  First, Derrick McIness know him from Hunterhill big *** fan Rangers daft . 

You must now him really well given you can’t spell his first and last names despite multiple attempts. Lay off the Buckfast. 

12 hours ago, Norrie82 said:

Jim deserves time I believe he can turn this around but he will need to work this window big time as it doesn’t look great at present scoring wise 

Turn things around? I not delighted by our form but we are currently ninth in the table and recently held the **** to a draw. 

25 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Turn things around? I not delighted by our form but we are currently ninth in the table and recently held the **** to a draw. 

Its definitely not a disastrous situation (yet). He has been through tough spells before and managed to turn it around. This time feels different though, more folk are talking as if his job could be under threat.

I don't know if its more wishing/hoping than anything else but i think he'll turn it around. The players are clearly still playing for him and thats always a tell tale sign for me.

10 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

There really is some shit being posted on this thread me included but I'm just posting a fishing line. But let's get serious.  First, Derrick McIness know him from Hunterhill big *** fan Rangers daft . Ever see him jumping around with St Johnston and Aberdeen when they score against us in Paisley.  Personally I don't want him near us. Jim Goodwin ? Was great last season remember that if not have a think back. As such deserves time . Sticking the boot into Goodwin  on rumours seriously  ?  Aye 3 at the back is questionable.  Let's see what the transfer window brings. What we have to remember REMEMBER  we are one of the lowest player wages in the league . What do you expect ? A Albion Rovers player called Ross Stuart who is up to his 18th goal with Sunderland to sign for Saints lol you could not make it up.  Let's see how January plays out . 

wee man you want to see a doctor and get help with your alcohol problem 🥃🥃🥃

It's clear this lack of movement in the transfer window is worrying people, not helped by our rivals apparently opening their "war chests". The concern for me is, if it really is a case of one in one out, I don't see who can go out without weakening us, and in turn I am not sure their value to us would be the same value to other clubs.

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's clear this lack of movement in the transfer window is worrying people, not helped by our rivals apparently opening their "war chests". The concern for me is, if it really is a case of one in one out, I don't see who can go out without weakening us, and in turn I am not sure their value to us would be the same value to other clubs.

Really? I think we could easily lose Erwin and Dennis without any issue. Probably McAllister as well.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Really? I think we could easily lose Erwin and Dennis without any issue. Probably McAllister as well.

What would we get for any of them? Next to nothing, if anything just freeing up wages. Which is, I suppose helpful, but even then it's likely to be loan deals to the end of the season, and in that sense we won't even get the full wage back.

That's the thing, while McAllister is probably surplus to requirements in the eyes of most Saints fans, I'd choose McAllister over no McAllister, if the latter of those two didn't mean someone of similar or better coming in.

46 minutes ago, Ric said:

What would we get for any of them? Next to nothing, if anything just freeing up wages. Which is, I suppose helpful, but even then it's likely to be loan deals to the end of the season, and in that sense we won't even get the full wage back.

That's the thing, while McAllister is probably surplus to requirements in the eyes of most Saints fans, I'd choose McAllister over no McAllister, if the latter of those two didn't mean someone of similar or better coming in.

Ah, fair enough, I see what you're getting at. TBH, getting players off the wage bill is probably the best we can hope for; we don't have many saleable assets now. Probably McGrath and Erhahon the only ones we'd get anything for if it came down to it. We'd get buttons for McCarthy now; should have taken that rumoured offer in the summer given he doesn't seem to be first choice now.

I remember when the Fakes were linked with McAllister; I had the feeling of 'what if they get a tune out of him'. But seeing MacPherson struggling has calmed me slightly; we may as well let Kyle go if it means we could bring someone else in.

I think with certainty McGrath will go. Not 100% but I'd be shocked if he stayed around now considering we were happy to offload him in August and in turn he is playing in a team that is putting in performances that at best could be described as "bang average".

Now here's a thing, I feel if he did stay and sign a PCA then we might see more from him. He doesn't seem the type to down tools.

18 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Kennedy will be involved in any deal with Aberdeen, pretty sure of it.

As many have pointed out, he's injured so would be a complete waste of a wage at this point.

13 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

He's saying it's a PCA at this stage. They'll need to get that agreed, then potentially move on to seeing if we'll let him go early.

I'm not that bothered, as I said earlier I think if he gets something settled and it's a PCA rather than a move I think we'll see an improvement from him.

Of course if he does go on a PCA, Goodwin has the option to go to the press and whine about it all being unfair, in the way Graeme Alexander has done with Watt.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Main?! 

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

There are a few National League clubs trying to get us to part with Dennis !