The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

In your opinion.

..and equally in your opinion they are. Now considering I follow the team and take note of what my club's manager says and does in a professional capacity, and you don't, it would suggest you are somewhat hampered by your lack of knowledge or awareness of the situation. Merely making  ill informed judgements from afar.

Now, seeing as my knowledge of Dundee is less, could you point me to the place where you were scathing of your star player, captain, and criminal, Charlie Adam when he specifically spoke about what a good job Giovanni van Bronkhorst was doing? You know the one, broadcast live on a national radio station. Follows days later, on the same national broadcaster, he actively welcomed approaches from Rangers in order to be part of their new setup.

Where is your scathing damnation post of that? I'd like to see it in order to compare.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

..and equally in your opinion they are. Now considering I follow the team and take note of what my club's manager says and does in a professional capacity, and you don't, it would suggest you are somewhat hampered by your lack of knowledge or awareness of the situation. Merely making  ill informed judgements from afar.

Now, seeing as my knowledge of Dundee is less, could you point me to the place where you were scathing of your star player, captain, and criminal, Charlie Adam when he specifically spoke about what a good job Giovanni van Bronkhorst was doing? You know the one, broadcast live on a national radio station. Follows days later, on the same national broadcaster, he actively welcomed approaches from Rangers in order to be part of their new setup.

Where is your scathing damnation post of that? I'd like to see it in order to compare.

I don't like Charlie Adam's lapping up of Rangers just as I didn't like Darren O'Dea doing it - you won't see me defending that the way you've defended yer man here. I had no idea he said that though. As for the latter, he's not likely to be kept as a coach by us I don't think after his career finishes so if he's actively after a role at Rangers, I don't see the issue. Did he say he wants to leave us and stop playing to be a coach for them? I'd have an issue if he said that.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't like Charlie Adam's lapping up of Rangers just as I didn't like Darren O'Dea doing it - you won't see me defending that the way you've defended yer man here. I had no idea he said that though. As for the latter, he's not likely to be kept as a coach by us I don't think after his career finishes so if he's actively after a role at Rangers, I don't see the issue. Did he say he wants to leave us and stop playing to be a coach for them? I'd have an issue if he said that.

So no thread or comment about it until now? You have intimate knowledge of Goodwin and his motivations, yet nothing about your own captain?

What's more, you are more than happy for him to hawk himself to Rangers while having a contract with you, regardless of what happens at the end of that contract?

It just smacks of inconsistency to be honest, Ludo, me ol' mucker, and it's not a good look.

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

I like our manager I really do but as time goes on I am losing faith he can turn our form around. Do we give him the transfer window or is it time for change. I am on the fence right now but I am beginning to lean over the edge of his time is up

This is the far more pertinent question, whether Goodwin succeeds in turning this somewhat listing ship around or not, is in no way connected to the football team he supported as a boy.

13 minutes ago, Ric said:

So no thread or comment about it until now? You have intimate knowledge of Goodwin and his motivations, yet nothing about your own captain?

What's more, you are more than happy for him to hawk himself to Rangers while having a contract with you, regardless of what happens at the end of that contract?

It just smacks of inconsistency to be honest, Ludo, me ol' mucker, and it's not a good look.

It's not been discussed on the Dundee thread and this was being discussed here.

Smacks of whataboutery from yerself my man. I'm happy to call it a day. The thread is absolute garbage just now due to our discussion, largely because you come across as someone that can't give it up. Even when allowed the last word you had to keep going trying to call me a 'fool' - it's just a bit desperate.

Must confess I've not read all the comments but I think it's fairly common practice for a manager to watch his teams next opposition playing if he gets a chance, which is exactly what Jim Goodwin was doing yesterday.

Took the opportunity to take his son along with him, who seems to be a Celtic fan.

I'm pretty sure Jim is also a Celtic fan, which given he is from Waterford is probably no great surprise.

That didn't stop us pumping Celtic at Parkhead earlier this year when he was our manager, and it didn't stop us pumping them at Hampden in the League Cup semi finals when he was our captain.

Some folk will try to make a mountain out of the tiniest molehill.

ps; the celtic sign going up on our stadium was an absolute riddy IMO. Completely un-necessary

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

It's not been discussed on the Dundee thread and this was being discussed here.

Smacks of whataboutery from yerself my man. I'm happy to call it a day. The thread is absolute garbage just now due to our discussion, largely because you come across as someone that can't give it up. Even when allowed the last word you had to keep going trying to call me a 'fool' - it's just a bit desperate.

* checks thread title *
* checks team I support *

Nice of you to gatekeep when I can and can't post in the thread dedicated to the club I support. A club, it should be noted, that you do not.

Don't agree with your whataboutery claim, considering it's literally the same subject, just a different context. Whataboutery would be trying to link something irrelevant to the discussion.

As for never giving up...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

..you should know I'd never give up, nor let anyone down..

7 minutes ago, Div said:

ps; the celtic sign going up on our stadium was an absolute riddy IMO. Completely un-necessary

Not a good look, true, but put money in the coffers which ultimately is the biggest concern for a club our size.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

* checks thread title *
* checks team I support *

Nice of you to gatekeep when I can and can't post in the thread dedicated to the club I support. A club, it should be noted, that you do not.

Don't agree with your whataboutery claim, considering it's literally the same subject, just a different context. Whataboutery would be trying to link something irrelevant to the discussion.

As for never giving up...

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

..you should know I'd never give up, nor let anyone down..

I didn't say where you can or can't post. That's just making things up. Nor did I say that supporters who support a certain team should stick to their own threads. That'd be moronic on a multi-club forum.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Not a good look, true, but put money in the coffers which ultimately is the biggest concern for a club our size.

We'd have got the stadium rental money regardless of whether they put the sign up on the stadium. It was ridiculous that they were allowed to put their badge on our stadium in an official capacity and nobody will ever persuade me differently.

16 minutes ago, Div said:

We'd have got the stadium rental money regardless of whether they put the sign up on the stadium. It was ridiculous that they were allowed to put their badge on our stadium in an official capacity and nobody will ever persuade me differently.

I guess the question is what did the contract look like, was it just them taking liberties or was it stipulated beforehand?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

charlie  also said that if he scored against rangers then he wouldn’t celebrate 😲

only thing in his defence is he probably can’t remember saying it due to being a total pish head-which seems to be the norm for dundee players

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

1 minute ago, Buddie Holly said:

charlie  also said that if he scored against rangers then he wouldn’t celebrate 😲

only thing in his defence is he probably can’t remember saying it due to being a total pish head-which seems to be the norm for dundee players

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Well, you've just blatantly made that up. Why lie?

Here's his exact quote when asked if he'd celebrate against Rangers:

“Absolutely. You score and you celebrate, you enjoy it. These moments don’t happen very often, I keep saying it. You don’t know when they might happen again."

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I guess the question is what did the contract look like, was it just them taking liberties or was it stipulated beforehand?

I doubt that level of detail was in any agreement we had with Celtic. If it was then it shouldn't ever have been there, and if it wasn't then we should have told them to do one when they asked if they could do it.

In the big scheme of things in the world it seems quite a trivial thing, but we've been rightly slated for it ever since.

The amount Celtic paid to rent the stadium was eye watering. I don't think anyone ever had a problem with Celtic playing there, we rented Love Street to Morton for a game for fucks sake, but the badge on our stadium wall - well that was a step far too far. In my opinion.

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Well, you've just blatantly made that up. Why lie?

Here's his exact quote when asked if he'd celebrate against Rangers:

“Absolutely. You score and you celebrate, you enjoy it. These moments don’t happen very often, I keep saying it. You don’t know when they might happen again."

that’s his sober quote,where’s his drunken one?

ps.i see you’re not denying the piss head culture at dens 🍻

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺