The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

I repeat..

Same:

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've really not. I've stated my opinion and I've stated my reasons for that opinion. A manager going to another club's game as a fan isn't something that requires a deep think or a need to relate to tbh.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Same:

Yes, you've stated your opinion, which, and I quote, was... "pathetic from Goodwin and completely disrespectful" ..which was later added to with that we are somehow "Celtic's bitches".

This because he took his son to a football match. What an utterly miserable c**t you are being.

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yes, you've stated your opinion, which, and I quote, was... "pathetic from Goodwin and completely disrespectful" ..which was later added to with that we are somehow "Celtic's bitches".

Indeed.

> Excited kid
Ludo's kid: "Dad can we go to watch the team I support?"

> Stern looking father
Ludo: "No, we cannot"

> Tears forming
Ludo's kid: "By why daddy, it's a cup final, why...?"

> Even sterner look
Ludo: "Because some random on the Internet will complain if I do"

I think we are done here.

Just now, Ric said:

> Excited kid
Ludo's kid: "Dad can we go to watch the team I support?"

> Stern looking father
Ludo: "No, we cannot"

> Tears forming
Ludo's kid: "By why daddy, it's a cup final, why...?"

> Even sterner look
Ludo: "Because some random on the Internet will complain if I do"

I think we are done here.

:lol:

State of that.

Just now, Ric said:

Exactly, it is a state, it's also what you are advocating.  So, a bit of a 'self own' complaining about it. :rolleyes:

I thought you were done? If you're desperate for the last reply, have at it. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I thought you were done? If you're desperate for the last reply, have at it. 

If there ever was a "I lost the argument" reply, it's this one.

Thanks for that, I did enjoy your car crash postings, genuinely entertaining even if out of character.

2 hours ago, Ric said:. In the same way if you are a landlord you wouldn't demand how your tenant organises the furniture, it's up to them if they wished to have the shop.

It is no secret that Jim is a C*lt*c supporter and it would be stupid to suggest this has any effect on how he approaches games against them. 

I do take issue with your “landlord” analogy, my daughter has rented a number of flats in the past few years and two of the landlord specifically prohibited (in the rental agreement) any pictures etc. being put up on the walls. That “Shop” sign was an insult and it should never have been allowed. 
Christ, years later and it still pisses me off. 

9 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I do take issue with your “landlord” analogy, my daughter has rented a number of flats in the past few years and two of the landlord specifically prohibited (in the rental agreement) any pictures etc. being put up on the walls. That “Shop” sign was an insult and it should never have been allowed. 

You mean the contractual agreement made between your daughter and the landlord (or letting agency), in the same way the contract that would be needed for Celtic to rent our stadium? ;) I'll be honest, the shop sign doesn't bother me at all, not even in the slightest, because I know the benefits from it. If anything it's a seal of approval over the 'quality' of our new stadium.

What's more, in terms of U21, haven't both sides of the OF have used different grounds. In fact, wasn't Cappielow the base for the Rangers U21 for a while? I could be wrong about that, I'm sure some Morton fan can confirm.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bitter? What is there to be bitter about?

I'm just calling it as I see it. I hated when the likes of Darren O'Dea openly spoke about his love for Celtic whilst employed by us and I hated Alex Rae working for RangersTV whilst our manager. 

I think it's poor form when you're employed by a divisional rival. For it to be the manager of the club makes it worse for me. If the St Mirren support aren't bothered by it then fair enough.

@Ric - I can see where he's coming from here.

It would have been unforgivable if Jim was wearing a Celtic scarf, however he wasn't. I have to admit I'm slightly irritated that his lad isn't a fan of St. Murn, but accept that's his choice.

It is no secret that Jim is a C*lt*c supporter and it would be stupid to suggest this has any effect on how he approaches games against them. 

If I remember rightly St Mirren did not approve any change of signage and when it was discovered Celtic were told to remove it which they did.

26 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

I'll be honest, it takes a brave poster to agree with someone who has been made to look a bit of a fool.

As I say, the underlying "OF impact everything" is a valid point, how he has chosen to apply that to our manager taking his son to a football match is just crazy. I'd understand it if he had a history of sympathy to Celtic, but it's clear as a manager he's neither said anything that would question his motivation, nor put out a team that is intended to give Celtic an easy time - heh, that last bit, it's not often under any manager we give the OF a hard time.

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'll be honest, it takes a brave poster to agree with someone who has been made to look a bit of a fool.

As I say, the underlying "OF impact everything" is a valid point, how he has chosen to apply that to our manager taking his son to a football match is just crazy. I'd understand it if he had a history of sympathy to Celtic, but it's clear as a manager he's neither said anything that would question his motivation, nor put out a team that is intended to give Celtic an easy time - heh, that last bit, it's not often under any manager we give the OF a hard time.

That's probably why he's not agreeing with you. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's probably why he's not agreeing with you. :lol:

No, they said they sort of see your point, not that they disagree with me, and nobody else on this thread agrees with you. Seems like another self own there, big chap.

You're not having a good day, are you? ;)

Edited by Ric

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

No, they said they sort of see your point, not that they disagree with me, and nobody else on this thread agrees with you. Seems like another self own there, big chap.

You're not having a good day, are you? ;)

'Nobody else on this thread agrees with me' - Aye, because I expected a thread full of St Mirren fans to agree when I was slating your manager. Jeezo Ric.

I'm having an excellent day. You thinking you've 'won' and that I'm 'self owning' is just giving me a right good chuckle tbh. It's the petty and childish rhetoric that makes you, you. It's why I enjoy your posts bud.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

'Nobody else on this thread agrees with me' - Aye, because I expected a thread full of St Mirren fans to agree when I was slating your manager. Jeezo Ric.

Yeah, forgive us, we'll save the criticism for when it's either relevant, in which case it's not, or justified, again in this case it's not.

54 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

It would have been unforgivable if Jim was wearing a Celtic scarf, however he wasn't. I have to admit I'm slightly irritated that his lad isn't a fan of St. Murn, but accept that's his choice.

i think you’ll find that saints are the weans big team 😉