The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Is it really much of a dangerous precedent to set for a senior club official to get a slap on the wrist for tweeting that they hoped a bridge collapsed under opposition fans?

It's not a tactful tweet, that's for sure, but considering the context as I laid out in my previous post, is it entirely surprising your fans' actions brought out condemnation?

Needham should have deleted and apologised for the comments, not that they weren't reflecting an overall mood many were feeling but because they have reflected badly upon the club.

14 minutes ago, Ric said:

Remind me to check that out when our fans rampage a city, causing tens of thousands of pounds of damage, fighting with the police and generally making the centre of Glasgow a no-go zone for almost a day. Not forgetting the detritus left behind, or that fact they did this in the middle of a fucking pandemic. So, yeah, when a Rangers employee tweets out comments regarding my fanbase's actions, we'll see whether I'll be "screaming" or not.

Until then, then it has to be said your comments is as much whataboutery as AJF was accusing me of earlier.

Remember it's only Rangers fans who resort to whataboutery and gross exaggerations, no other fans do it.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Remember it's only Rangers fans who resort to whataboutery and gross exaggerations, no other fans do it.

Agree that it's best to remove whataboutery from the situation... Sectarianism in all its forms should be eradicated. If that involves punitive measures for him/our club, then we need to be ready to take that on the chin.

3 hours ago, bennett said:

The comments aren't acceptable for a club chairman and if the boot was on the other foot you'd be screaming for the SFA to get involved. 

“No one like us, we don’t care”

Edited by Drew Brees

5 hours ago, gc_smfc said:

Seen the tweets he sent out on reddit. Ridiculously stupid, especially the ones involving the only fans Rangers fan.

Reckon he'll be more embarrassed than the club, but continues our poor social media presence. Still you think someone would be thinking about prior social media posts when someone joins the board. 

Was a photoshop made by some weirdo Rangers fan, I was duped also. Proof attached:

FC7F9B24-AAD5-42F5-A623-36DD2EFB0DAD.jpeg

3 hours ago, Biscuits said:

Most surprising thing about this is saints fans trying to have a reasonable discussion with rangers fans

What do you feel has been said by Rangers fans here that is unreasonable?

I have to say, I'm enjoying the hypocrisy of the Daily Mail.

> back page, "how could this man write something so disgusting"

> front page, "immigrants will rape your elderly grandmother, bring back hanging for those not white"

Edited by Ric

I think it’s going to be difficult for Needham to come out of this still in role given the Kibble have supposedly made a statement about it.

He’s been a bit stupid - you’d think people would clean their social media these days before going into a role like that.

I would think it’s very predictable that John Needham will be forced to resign. The total hypocrisy of Scottish football is that a club like Rangers funded and supported by sectarian bigots will push for the resignation. I do wonder if St Mirren will have the balls to call them out for all the damage to seats and graffiti done at the ground on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I think it’s going to be difficult for Needham to come out of this still in role given the Kibble have supposedly made a statement about it.

He’s been a bit stupid - you’d think people would clean their social media these days before going into a role like that.

This story is only going to grow arms and legs. If any one on this forum uses the three letter word beginning with H it's an automatic ban. The word H is seen as sectarian Needham is in charge of the club which in turn is used as a training centre for ( young people ) . Kibble have already distanced themselves from Needham. He will have to resign at some point. Rather than prolonging the club through the mud he should resign now. Here was me thinking we pride ourselves in being a none discrimination club a community family club. 

5 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I would think it’s very predictable that John Needham will be forced to resign. The total hypocrisy of Scottish football is that a club like Rangers funded and supported by sectarian bigots will push for the resignation. I do wonder if St Mirren will have the balls to call them out for all the damage to seats and graffiti done at the ground on Sunday.

If we don't do anything about this are we not saying it's OK for Rangers fans to use sectarian language ? It was used as a wind up football banter if you like. Given his position and the fact he was on the board during the time of his squinty bridge comment really should have had alarm bells ringing.  Bottom line for me is the club is being dragged through the mud by a guy who should know better. 

*opens app on tapatalk*

*clicks on pie and Bovril*

*clicks on Premier ship forum*

Presented with said photo completely out of context.

b97274a02b2ef9959be35fd71595a015.jpg

Cheers lads. Spat my coffee out. [emoji23]