The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 minutes ago, Biscuits said:
43 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:
Can't say it's nice seeing two stands behind the goals full of old firm fans. Their bigoted songs flowing up and down the pitch at a much higher volume than the home support.  I'm still all for one away stand so will be intresting to hear what the new chairman's plan is to stop this that we will hear soon. 

It won't stop until we can fill it ourselves. And neither it should. What's the point in empty seats when we can get extra cash?

I'm going on what the new chairman said last week. His plan will be put to the board first then put out to a SMISA vote . 

Has the club made any announcement I've missed in relation to the covid passport from now onwards? Or does it not apply to us due to crowd capacity etc?

Doesn’t apply to our home games, 10,000 plus crowds only.

39 minutes ago, sheeptastic said:

Aberdeen and Hibs should be keeping a close eye on this guy's situation but I suspect he'll go to the English Championship - https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/jamie-mcgrath-should-sign-st-21911568

I imagine it's now highly unlikely he'll be moving to a another Scottish club. 

11 hours ago, sheeptastic said:

Aberdeen and Hibs should be keeping a close eye on this guy's situation but I suspect he'll go to the English Championship - https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/jamie-mcgrath-should-sign-st-21911568

There is absolutely no chance of his signing a extension when English clubs will be seducing his agent with 5 figure wages.

I've heard that's what we've offered him (accurate to two decimal places).

I find it hard to believe we’ve offered Jamie more than the £10k p/w we paid Marc Macausland…

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

Do season ticket holders still get access to St Mirren TV for home games? Mrs away the weekend and don’t fancy taking a 9 month old along on Sunday.

Yeah, we do. I'm in the same position - thankfully been able to get someone to look after the wee man but there's been games this season where I couldn't 

Hi, apologises for interrupting the conversation but I'm raising money for Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY) in honour of my friend Scott Cowan by raffling off St Mirren related prizes as Scott was a massive St Mirren fan.

We will be raffling off a signed and framed match-worn Stephen McGinn away jersey from the 2018/19 season in which Stephen captained the Saintes to Premiership survival on their return to Scotland's top flight. 

We also have a 2021/22 signed home shirt to raffle off that has been donated to us by Buddies boss Jim Goodwin. The jersey has been personally signed by both the current staff and players.

Both tops will be raffled off individually at £10 per entry per shirt, however, we are doing a special offer atm of £15 for entry into both shirt raffles.

Furthermore, we have a lunch with and paid for by League Cup winning former St Mirren boss Danny Lennon up for grabs which is £5 per entry, 

The Danny Lennon lunch will close on the evening of the 23rd of October so you need to be quick to get involved in that one. 

However, the two shirt raffles will end at the beginning of November due to them starting later.

If you wish to buy a ticket for any of the raffles or find out more you can contact me here or email dean@deanrobertson.co.uk.

You can also follow updates on the Scott Cowan Memorial Events page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ScottCowanMemorial/

McGinn.jpg

20211021_130456.jpg

Just out of interest, what were the Saints fans singing to the tune of the Heartbeat theme last weekend? I couldn't make it out on my entirely legitimate stream.

Think ‘twas:
‘Tanser, oh Scotty Tanser he runs down the wing for me. Do-do-do-do-do-do…’
On him, there can’t be many defenders in the league that play as far forward as he does.
Looking at that third goal again, it’s obviously a horrendous mistake from Baldwin, but I can see why he’s made it. We are winning 2-1, it’s a dead ball punted long from our keeper and he can see Brophy, McGrath and Ronan all in front of him. He’s naturally assumed that as our three forward players are ahead of him that the ball is going to bounce harmlessly through to the keeper.
His problem is our ‘left back’ is actually our furthest forward player and he’s sneaking round the back to score.
IMG_6964.thumb.jpg.fdf4d7dadb78d41ac6f932981bce7eb6.jpg
If he continues at his current rate of goals and assists he’s going to have a better season going forward than Durmus did last year. Which would be quite something.