The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

10 minutes ago, FTOF said:

They must have been really shit.

We were. His competition in midfield was Liam Craig, who constantly played us into bother/ended counters because he's got no right foot, and David Wotherspoon, who played 60 minutes on the other side of the planet a couple of days ago and likely only arrived back in Scotland this morning. One of those days really, 2nd and 3rd goal killed the players confidence, and you'll see why on Sportscene.

I can see why Goodwin didn't like him, and I'm a bit confused about why Davidson talked about him alongside McCann. He's not even close to being the same type of player never mind quality wise. Cannot track runners. 

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Tanser might not be as silky as Durmus but he has slotted in absolutely fine, much better than I imagined. Never noticed how good his crossing was with the Perth Saints but its the best left foot we've had since Carey or Simon Lappin

Yeah, he's been really good. Considering we were told he was this chickenhearted waster who would crack under any pressure I was a bit worried, but he's been nothing like that.

don’t know if it’s been asked already but when did we last win 3 in a row in the top league?

IMG_6951.jpg

The run of four wins in a row made up two of our last three games at Love Street, the 0-0 with Motherwell being the last one.
We then moved stadium and were shite at home for about a year [emoji28]

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We were. His competition in midfield was Liam Craig, who constantly played us into bother/ended counters because he's got no right foot, and David Wotherspoon, who played 60 minutes on the other side of the planet a couple of days ago and likely only arrived back in Scotland this morning. One of those days really, 2nd and 3rd goal killed the players confidence, and you'll see why on Sportscene.

I can see why Goodwin didn't like him, and I'm a bit confused about why Davidson talked about him alongside McCann. He's not even close to being the same type of player never mind quality wise. Cannot track runners. 

You got pumped today bro, enjoy.

4 minutes ago, McG said:

You got pumped today bro, enjoy.

*shrugs*

It's not the first time, and it won't be the last, at least this time involved defending I can chuckle about.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's been reported McPherson was your best player today but no way would you admit that. 

The table is making some great reading tonight. Obviously too soon to get excited, and while three wins doesn't seem like many, it's the (only) 2 defeats that is really encouraging.

I can't remember us making such a solid start in the league. Not going to start predicting safety yet, because we've seen how much things can change in the space of just three games, but I think we are a good measure better than the bottom three. 

I just hope Aberdeen give Glass and Brown plenty of time because they are fucking gash and it's hilarious.

Screenshot_20211016-210048.png

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

It's been reported McPherson was your best player today but no way would you admit that. 

By who?

Some of our fans used to claim Ross Callachan was our best midfielder and moaned for years on Twitter about David Wotherspoon being played ahead of him.

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

Exactly my reaction tonight watching the highlights of your game.

Same tbh, attempting to add some circus music over the 3rd goal.