The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Watched my recording of Sportscene, and St Johnstone v Dundee saw both teams wearing blue shirts with white shorts, then comes Livvy in all black and St Mirren in all red.

Does anyone actually have a clue about kit wearing criteria these days? I certainly don’t.

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Watched my recording of Sportscene, and St Johnstone v Dundee saw both teams wearing blue shirts with white shorts, then comes Livvy in all black and St Mirren in all red.

Does anyone actually have a clue about kit wearing criteria these days? I certainly don’t.

TBF our game was fucked by Dundee making their away shirt blue aswell. Not sure why we should wear our away top at home unless the ref forces it, which he should've.

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

When did you lads creep so high up the table?!

I haven’t looked at it too closely for a few weeks, but last time I noticed you were about bottom equal.

Quietly gathering points under the radar eh? 

Yeah. 10 points after 8 games is a good return. Can hopefully add to that too in Dingwall and put real distance between ourselves and the bottom two or three at a very early stage.

Like CS said, I'm not totally comfortable with the format we play but we are stuffy and are proving once again that Parkhead debacle aside, we are a tough nut to crack. 

5 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Just read Morton have sold the old Love Street home end stand. No idea who to got told a while back it was rusting in spare land behind their main stand. 

I believe Aberdeen bought the steel urinals from the North Bank roofless lavvies and installed them at Pittodrie. In doing so, ensuring the smell of pish emanating from Aberdeen isn’t solely coming from Joe Lewis’ breeks.

Edited by pozbaird

On 03/10/2021 at 17:43, pozbaird said:

The all black kit is Livingston's home shirt this season, and their away shirt is white.

So I assume we will be also be wearing the red kit against them at our place too.

15 minutes ago, Div said:

The all black kit is Livingston's home shirt this season, and their away shirt is white.

So I assume we will be also be wearing the red kit against them at our place too.

Ah, ta. Never knew. I just assumed their home kit would be all-yellow. Cheers.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Definitely. Think that is about as well-written and as reasonable an article you can get about McGrath. He can go higher than Hibs & would be daft to even consider it next time around. 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

He has been superb this season. Definitely went up a notch or two.

Hope he gets a gig down South though. Would be sad to see him rot away at the green bigots. 

Agreed, McGrath caught headlines last year with his goals (albeit most were penalties) bit there was still a few question marks by those who were saying his goals covered for a lot of his shortfalls. 

This season has righted that completely. He's been excellent and his skill on the ball, strength in possession and vision have been right to the forefront.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed, McGrath caught headlines last year with his goals (albeit most were penalties) bit there was still a few question marks by those who were saying his goals covered for a lot of his shortfalls. 

This season has righted that completely. He's been excellent and his skill on the ball, strength in possession and vision have been right to the forefront.

What I really like about McGrath is his ability to get back on his feet after some fierce tackles. Often those type of skilful players can be bullied out of a game. 

His sidestep and movement away from the disgusting two footed Hayes challenge in the Aberdeen game was fcuking delightful and should be made into a meme. 

16 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

https://www.stmirren.com/home-matchday-information/4128-ticket-info-st-mirren-v-rangers-24th-oct-12pm

Is it normal for fans having to move to accommodate the OF to have to pay to do so?

That is the usual position, the season tickets in the South Stand are cheaper to reflect the few games they cover. 

Disappointing to see the new chairman quoting the discredited £120k figure again. 

18 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

That is the usual position, the season tickets in the South Stand are cheaper to reflect the few games they cover. 

Disappointing to see the new chairman quoting the discredited £120k figure again. 

Forgive my ignorance, but how is the 120k figure discredited? 

The stand holds 1657. Call it an average ticket price of £24 (I think an adult ticket is actually £27 but there'll be concession tickets etc). Multiply that by 3 games and you get £120k.

That's not including any family stand season ticket holders that actually pay the extra to sit elsewhere.

32 minutes ago, dublin_bud said:

Forgive my ignorance, but how is the 120k figure discredited? 

The stand holds 1657. Call it an average ticket price of £24 (I think an adult ticket is actually £27 but there'll be concession tickets etc). Multiply that by 3 games and you get £120k.

That's not including any family stand season ticket holders that actually pay the extra to sit elsewhere.

That would be fine if we were able to keep all the income but VAT puts a big dent in that, factor in the loss already accrued by the cheaper south stand season tickets and an accurate figure for the impact of selling this stand to the OF is less than that being quoted. 

I’ve no doubt that selling this stand has a positive impact on the income of the club but I would welcome the justification being put forward to be more balanced.