The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Do you honestly believe that a boy that has been courted by the likes of Benfica and Bayern Munich would sign a deal with St Mirren?

Fortunately Dylan Reid has more intelligence than you'll ever possess.

14 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Fortunately Dylan Reid has more intelligence than you'll ever possess.

Yes. Learning off Jim Goodwin and training beside Alan Power will fulfil his potential, rather than joining one of the biggest clubs on the planet with an incredible record of producing young players.

If there was a genuine choice to make he wouldn't be at your club.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes. Learning off Jim Goodwin and training beside Alan Power will fulfil his potential, rather than joining one of the biggest clubs on the planet with an incredible record of producing young players.

Your a complete clown. A boy just turned 16 is going abroad to leave his family and friends. There are plenty other reasons but you can't work that out. 

16 hours ago, FTOF said:

Do you honestly believe that a boy that has been courted by the likes of Benfica and  Bayern Munich will be signing for Hibs?

you want any points of them this week or just a small defeat you had better push him their wayNah Bayern Hibs will leather yiz yet another week winless

2 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Tempted to go to Saints v Aberdeen, but tickets don't seem to be available. Any idea when they will go on sale?

The club aren't even selling tickets for the Hibs game this Saturday (I last checked last night), never mind the Aberdeen game.

BTW, the Aberdeen game has been moved to the Sunday, 12pm ko 

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

The club aren't even selling tickets for the Hibs game this Saturday (I last checked last night), never mind the Aberdeen game.

BTW, the Aberdeen game has been moved to the Sunday, 12pm ko 

Hibs tickets went on sale yesterday, you just can't buy them online!

https://www.stmirren.com/away-matchday-information/4101-ticket-info-hibernian-v-st-mirren-18th-sep

22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We  there was and he is.

However, if you want to continue to make a complete James Hunt of yourself, yet again, feel free to carry on.:)

7 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
10 hours ago, sairyinthat said:
you want any points of them this week or just a small defeat you had better push him their wayNah Bayern Hibs will leather yiz yet another week winless

WTF?!?!

Sadly mental health is a problem in Scotland I know as I was there . Got help which I'm grateful for . You can only get help if you know there is a problem.  

39 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

It's Thursday and there's no match thread for the Hibs v Saints game on here, Hibs.net or Hibees Bounce! 

They're probably waiting to get tonight's Europa game out the way firs... oh.

Nah, seriously, the apathy seems fairly strong right across the board atm. The fact we've a) had a thoroughly mediocre start and b) we've got a horrendous record against Hibs recently aren't helping my personal enthusiasm for the weekend.

Separate question for any of you guys with kids: what age tends to be good to take them to their first games? My older boy is 5 (and a half... that bit's important) now and does ask about Saints a fair bit, but he's never sat through a full game on the TV yet.

Obviously I've got a fair bit of travelling to build in as well so it takes more planning. 

Took my boy once when he was 6 or 7. Got bored and didn't even know what the score was. Now 9 and said pre season he'd go again, he has declined all offers so far.

Its a shame really as I need to go alone to the pub before and after the game with only my friends as company!

In all seriousness I wouldn't bother my backside unless you're convinced of 1. Actually wants to go, 2. Won't go 9 times to the toilet, 3. Won't request 11 visits to the food outlet. 4. Won't whinge at you for the whole game, 5. Won't repeat any bad language he hears at school [emoji14]

55 minutes ago, scam75 said:

In all seriousness I wouldn't bother my backside unless you're convinced of 1. Actually wants to go, 2. Won't go 9 times to the toilet, 3. Won't request 11 visits to the food outlet. 4. Won't whinge at you for the whole game, 5. Won't repeat any bad language he hears at school emoji14.png

Yeah, fair point on all fronts. My first Saints game was the 87 cup final - I had just turned 8 - and I struggled with the game itself (I doubt I was the only one...), though the scale of the occasion kept me interested. 

Might leave it a couple of years.

Edited by Coventry Saint