The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Separate question for any of you guys with kids: what age tends to be good to take them to their first games? My older boy is 5 (and a half... that bit's important) now and does ask about Saints a fair bit, but he's never sat through a full game on the TV yet.

Obviously I've got a fair bit of travelling to build in as well so it takes more planning. 

I took my son when he was just under 5 but the main reason for this was it was the last season at Love St and I figured that if he ended up supporting Saints it would be significant for him in later life. 

Years of season tickets later  he is still going, albeit he has gone with his pals rather than me for a few years now. 

Be prepared to spend a fortune at the kiosks and answering endless questions or alternatively be prepared to find ways to keep him amused as you try and watch the game. 

30 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Hopefully the Pampers crew are drip drying a little after today (mostly BWA to be fair)

Probably a comment for P&B then? 

Not having a go at you but to date this site has been a lot better without some of those ‘characters’

27 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Hopefully the Pampers crew are drip drying a little after today (mostly BWA to be fair)

Tbh, for all we played well today we're still sitting with no wins from our opening games. 

With Aberdeen and Livi up next , we really need to get a win soon.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

We were well organised first half and Brophy made that goal out of nothing. Not sure if we were that comfortable because Hibs were playing so poor or if we had their number. 2nd half they destroyed us for 15 minutes and we looked doomed.

To be fair to the team they reacted brilliantly and played their best stuff of the season for the remainder of the match. Would have been really disappointing to have picked up no points today.

f**k knows what Aberdeen are going to be like next week but hopefully we start off the way we finished the game today.

Probably a comment for P&B then? 

Not having a go at you but to date this site has been a lot better without some of those ‘characters’
Absolutely agree but there is "cross over" and I wasn't having a dig at posters on here it's more aimed at the general air of doom, gloom and panic an element of our support seem to revel in.

We were well organised first half and Brophy made that goal out of nothing. Not sure if we were that comfortable because Hibs were playing so poor or if we had their number. 2nd half they destroyed us for 15 minutes and we looked doomed.
To be fair to the team they reacted brilliantly and played their best stuff of the season for the remainder of the match. Would have been really disappointing to have picked up no points today.
f**k knows what Aberdeen are going to be like next week but hopefully we start off the way we finished the game today.
Great chance next Sunday to notch a win. We seem to have shaken off the Aberdeen hoodoo last season and they are there for the taking.

Don’t be silly. Crisis and apathy surround the football club and we are a disgrace/shambles/certain to be relegated.
The actual reality of us doing just fine is not important.

Don’t be silly. Crisis and apathy surround the football club and we are a disgrace/shambles/certain to be relegated.
The actual reality of us doing just fine is not important.
Yip I just don't get it. I've supported the club for 45 years and although there are downs with the occasional (sometimes fantastic) ups, my overall feeling is one of pride in the club. The length some "supporters" go to in an attempt to highlight every little negative is beyond comprehension. Stuff like pie shops and logos on strips, who actually GAF ? At the end of the day I enjoy watching my team and the politics behind the scenes are pretty irrelevant yet some seem to forget we are an actual football club whose pretty much sole function is to perform for 90 odd mins once or twice a week. Hopefully a few more points on the board will see all that melt away starting next week.

ETA just had a read of the Falkirk thread now there is a support with genuine cause to moan.

Yip I just don't get it. I've supported the club for 45 years and although there are downs with the occasional (sometimes fantastic) ups, my overall feeling is one of pride in the club. The length some "supporters" go to in an attempt to highlight every little negative is beyond comprehension. Stuff like pie shops and logos on strips, who actually GAF ? At the end of the day I enjoy watching my team and the politics behind the scenes are pretty irrelevant yet some seem to forget we are an actual football club whose pretty much sole function is to perform for 90 odd mins once or twice a week. Hopefully a few more points on the board will see all that melt away starting next week.

ETA just had a read of the Falkirk thread now there is a support with genuine cause to moan.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

8 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Really good article on Skysports.com on Fergies Furies, can’t seem to copy the link for everyone 

Littered with errors. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/story-telling/11095/12037286/sir-alex-ferguson-at-st-mirren-the-story-of-fergies-furies

Billy Stark never played in Aberdeens UEFA Cup Winners Cup Triumph

Frank McGarvey never played a first team game for Liverpool

And Willie Miller was never World Class unless being a c**t counts. 

35 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Littered with errors. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/story-telling/11095/12037286/sir-alex-ferguson-at-st-mirren-the-story-of-fergies-furies

Billy Stark never played in Aberdeens UEFA Cup Winners Cup Triumph

Frank McGarvey never played a first team game for Liverpool

And Willie Miller was never World Class unless being a c**t counts. 

Thought that, Stark went to Celtic but Miller did play in a World Cup so they count that I suppose

23 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Thought that, Stark went to Celtic but Miller did play in a World Cup so they count that I suppose

You are obviously a youngster bud. Stark went from St Mirren to Aberdeen then Celtic.

Have you never seen the Miller-Hansen defending in the 1982 World Cup?

Miller was a World Class c**t. Still is.

41 minutes ago, Yflab said:

You are obviously a youngster bud. Stark went from St Mirren to Aberdeen then Celtic.

Have you never seen the Miller-Hansen defending in the 1982 World Cup?

Miller was a World Class c**t. Still is.

Seen the Miller incident, was my first proper World Cup to watch 

2 hours ago, Lola montez said:

Really good article on Skysports.com on Fergies Furies, can’t seem to copy the link for everyone 

They've changed the photo. In an article about his time at Saints, the original photo was when Aberdeen all but won the league at Easter Rd.