The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I’ve been reading about the “UEFA” restrictions on watching games live in England.  Can ST holders in England watch our games live on SMTV?

It's a bit strange. Due to Covid the streaming has continued for ST holders and PPV is still possible in Scotland. They say it's not available in England due to UEFA restrictions but not sure how they enforce that.

I'm sure St Mirren streaming a game will have a huge impact on attendances at Manchester United. 

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

It's a bit strange. Due to Covid the streaming has continued for ST holders and PPV is still possible in Scotland. They say it's not available in England due to UEFA restrictions but not sure how they enforce that.

I'm sure St Mirren streaming a game will have a huge impact on attendances at Manchester United. 

Pretty sure that's why they signed Ronaldo.

17 hours ago, Theatom said:

I thought he looked good but if United had scored following his short pass to young Reid the long knives would have been out for him.

I was a bit annoyed with Kyle shouting the odds at young Dylan for what was Kyle’s f**k up. He’s an experienced player, and shouldn’t be blaming a 16 year old kid making his home debut, for his mistake.

He did look as fit as I’ve seen him and that mistake aside, played well when he came on.

On 12/09/2021 at 16:36, Buttocks Brown said:

16 year old Reid v. 33 year old Flynn. If Gus was still the manager then we all know who would have got the nod! Was bold from Goodwin. Was thinking at HT we might see Flynn before long but, to be fair, we had improved before he finally was brought on in the 74th minute.

I guess we market ourselves as a club who give youth a chance.....  Likely too that one of the main reasons for Dylan signing his first professional deal with us was because he was told he'd get a chance in the first team.

Did Dylan just sign a two year deal? If so, sadly one of the reasons could be to make some money off him next summer as keeping him till next season will see us get little when he moves to hibs🥴

4 hours ago, Bgsaint said:

Did Dylan just sign a two year deal? If so, sadly one of the reasons could be to make some money off him next summer as keeping him till next season will see us get little when he moves to hibs🥴

Totally - wanted by many of the top teams in Europe seemingly but undoubtedly will end up at Easter Road

4 hours ago, Bgsaint said:

Not a chance.

I actually left the game on Saturday feeling quite upbeat given how we finished the match.

The first half we got pretty much battered and Utd could and should have been ahead by the time we woke up with about half an hour to play.

That last half hour definitely gave me cause for optimism as did the display of Ronan, Reid and the cameo from McAllister who looked as lively as I've seen him in ages.

Brophy also put in his best performance in the stripes in that second half, I thought he looked excellent coming in off the left, and he took his goal well even if the officials got it binned.

We're not a bad team by any stretch of the imagination, two defeats in our opening five games confirms we are pretty hard to beat, but the achilies heel remains, we just don't score enough goals.

Utd look like they are in the exact same boat to be honest.

18 hours ago, FTOF said:

Not a chance.

I'm not normally a fan of selling off your best players but the big money these days seems to be for 17/18 years old like Hearts did a season or so back - however a couple of good performances in high profile games leading to a sale at the end of the season might be the best option for us in this case.

Oh and just to avoid confusion it won't be to Hibs.

56 minutes ago, btb said:

I'm not normally a fan of selling off your best players but the big money these days seems to be for 17/18 years old like Hearts did a season or so back - however a couple of good performances in high profile games leading to a sale at the end of the season might be the best option for us in this case.

Oh and just to avoid confusion it won't be to Hibs.

I agree.

However, as you say , it won't be Hibs.

47 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

image.png.781aac8b42fe74ae03546871283088fc.png

You certainly don't want AssSpray on the back of your shorts.

About Aspray

Aspray are an award-winning property damage claims management service provider that helps policyholders, throughout the UK, to make successful building insurance claims caused by storms, burst pipes, accidental damage, fire, floods, malicious damage by tenants, dodgy emergency lighting in main stands, or unserviced generators.

Sounds fair enough.

2 hours ago, elvis said:

How do we yous know that.

Do you honestly believe that a boy that has been courted by the likes of Benfica and  Bayern Munich will be signing for Hibs?

Edited by FTOF

17 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Do you honestly believe that a boy that has been courted by the likes of Benfica and  Bayern Munich will be signing for Hibs?

Do you honestly believe that a boy that has been courted by the likes of Benfica and Bayern Munich would sign a deal with St Mirren?