The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Dunne put is interesting. You'd imagine that will prevent any McCarthy in midfield insanity.
Fraser, Shaughnessy and McCarthy at CB, Millar and Tanser at WB seems nailed on.
In front of that... f**k knows. I'm hoping Flynn gets a game alongside Ronan, with McGrath in front, but it's really anyone's guess.

I fear a Tait at Defensive Mid experiment today.

47 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's a bold as f**k team selection to go with two debutants and a first start for a lad of 16. I actually quite like it!

Fingers crossed it pays off!

Read my mind when I saw the starting line up.

IF the front pair can get some service, my 5-1 prediction on the match thread is nailled on*.

* When i say 'Nailled on' i mean the very remotest of possibilities.  

The momentum of last season seems to be ebbing away as games are just drifting away from us. Having non scoring strikers doesn’t help but we just look devoid of ideas, I can only hope Ronan gets his match sharpness quickly as he looks the only player with a bit of guile in the team.

Looking like a bottom 3 season unless Jim can get the middle of the park sorted and the strikers getting some sort of service.

1 hour ago, Saint Shug said:

At least there was no massive queues to get in today. 

Lucky you there was a large queue at the main stand southside which was past the club shop when the game kicked off. Only two turnstiles opend. However the fire exit at the South main stand was opend to let vip's walk in without waiting getting their barcode scanned.  The rest of us had to wait. 4 staff at the pie stall. Still a shambles 5 games into the season.

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Lucky you there was a large queue at the main stand southside which was past the club shop when the game kicked off. Only two turnstiles opend. However the fire exit at the South main stand was opend to let vip's walk in without waiting getting their barcode scanned.  The rest of us had to wait. 4 staff at the pie stall. Still a shambles 5 games into the season.

Aye I knew turning you at 12 o’clock was a good idea. 

Hi lads, there's been a bit of debate on our forum about Jakubiak's position. I was always of the mindset that he was predominantly always played up top but I'm doubting myself as one of our fairly prominent posters, who is usually spot on is suggesting that he played on the left wing just off Obika, what's the script?

Hi lads, there's been a bit of debate on our forum about Jakubiak's position. I was always of the mindset that he was predominantly always played up top but I'm doubting myself as one of our fairly prominent posters, who is usually spot on is suggesting that he played on the left wing just off Obika, what's the script?
Don't remember him on the wing. I would say he played just behind big Jon

Generally played as a partner to Obika up top. Never on the wing. More of creative player than an out and out goal scorer.