The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

A perfect summation of the club right now. Fucking hell.

image.png.38289fa0c7e0074e67d0d5a10197deb0.png

image.png.93ae2d5265a0f3550872a235d9f0bec2.png
image.png.35193348416ccbbf0c52d162ab95251d.png

He does say as open as he can be in that first quote. The issue is obviously a sensitive one, probably embarrassing for those at the club given it’s H&S related. It cost however many people attending 2/3 games but has been rectified now. We’re not going to get every little detail of the ongoings. Heck, the contracts situation I was bumping my gums about shouldn’t even be in the public domain.

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Think Fitzy's ship has sailed here. 

Looks like in George Adam and the new chairman's eyes, a lot of the issues stemming from the club recently, the buck stops with Tony.

Yeah, I’d be surprised if Tony is still in the CEO role by Xmas.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Looks like in George Adam and the new chairman's eyes, a lot of the issues stemming from the club recently, the buck stops with Tony.

He's literally one of my favourite people, but most of us have been saying for a couple of years now that he's not right for that role.

I hope we give him the chance to move on with dignity. I've always said he should be a club ambassador or something.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Tony needs replaced I agree but the new chairman is well out his depth in my opinion as well.

Things were never this tinpot when Gordon Scott was the top man.

8 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Some of the stuff directed at John Needham on Twitter is disgraceful.

We’ve got some right bellends in our support.

Is that you just noticed?

There straight on social media after work most nights crying about something or another its embarassing 2bh 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Silvio said:

I think it's a poor show Fitzy and one the Kibble directors weren't there but also a poor show Fitzy clearly been blamed for everything in his absence. 

How have we been able to make such a mess of this? 

This wasn’t a club Q&A, it was a SMISA meeting for SMISA members - why would Kibble be there.

8 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

The complete hounding of John Needham on twitter is a disgrace, the guy has hardly got his foot in the door and he’s been blamed for f**k ups that had nothing to do with him. Give the man time ffs.

No idea what's been said on Twitter but "I wasn't in the chair at the time" is a well used deflection routine - he was there to represent SMiSA.

Granted it’s early doors but early signs suggest he is out his depth. The lack of communication is unforgivable, magnified by the fact we had literally just become fan owned. Even when we did get comms the tone wasn’t right.

I try to stay clear of Twitter etc as there is a lot of absolute head cases in our support that have a serious agenda against anything we do, although reading the “minutes” last night (albeit via Twitter!) he doesn’t seem to have covered himself in glory. 

Genuinely hope he proves me wrong and we all start pulling in the same direction again!

20 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

The complete hounding of John Needham on twitter is a disgrace, the guy has hardly got his foot in the door and he’s been blamed for f**k ups that had nothing to do with him. Give the man time ffs.

Maybe I'm not seeing the tweets your reading Vince all I'm reading is concerned fans wanting answers which again are not forthcoming unless your name is Tony Fitzpatrick thrown under a bus. He must now be removed from his position.  I don't think the new chairman had a clue  how frustrated a lot of fans are feeling.   Now we learn learn Kibble have a veto over smisa members voting their choice onto the board. Why was members not made aware of this veto before the vote ? This subject could cause untold damage as Kibble now has the final say who is on the board even though smisa is the majority shareholder.  This could lead to many fans leaving smisa myself included.  Have experienced crap communication between myself and the club also only when I got in touch with the SLO was it fixed.  Have no axe to grind with Mr Needham he needs time to fix things but he would do well to remember who he represents at board level. 

17 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Granted it’s early doors but early signs suggest he is out his depth. The lack of communication is unforgivable, magnified by the fact we had literally just become fan owned. Even when we did get comms the tone wasn’t right.

I try to stay clear of Twitter etc as there is a lot of absolute head cases in our support that have a serious agenda against anything we do, although reading the “minutes” last night (albeit via Twitter!) he doesn’t seem to have covered himself in glory. 

Genuinely hope he proves me wrong and we all start pulling in the same direction again!

If things on the park were a bit better it wouldn't be so hostile.

A couple of wins and folk will calm down a bit. Lose the next couple and these same folk will turn on Goodwin if they haven't already, and that's when the mood spreads amongst the support.

Not going to be easy for our new chairman and you don't get a breaking in period. 

Probably need a clear the air chat, which could have been last night but if Tony isn't there it's not fair to lay blame on him (not saying he was blamed, but reading between the lines) , if he can't defend himself. 

I said at the start of the summer, communication is key. Lack of communication creates this sort of mess. Folk jumping to accusations and conclusions.

Obviously the club can't reply to every tweet ect, but if folk (customers) are enquiring about season tickets issues ect that should be dealt with better. Folk are willing to spend their hard earned cash, no need to give them the cold shoulder. 

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

If things on the park were a bit better it wouldn't be so hostile.

A couple of wins and folk will calm down a bit. Lose the next couple and these same folk will turn on Goodwin if they haven't already, and that's when the mood spreads amongst the support.

Not going to be easy for our new chairman and you don't get a breaking in period. 

Probably need a clear the air chat, which could have been last night but if Tony isn't there it's not fair to lay blame on him (not saying he was blamed, but reading between the lines) , if he can't defend himself. 

I said at the start of the summer, communication is key. Lack of communication creates this sort of mess. Folk jumping to accusations and conclusions.

Obviously the club can't reply to every tweet ect, but if folk (customers) are enquiring about season tickets issues ect that should be dealt with better. Folk are willing to spend their hard earned cash, no need to give them the cold shoulder. 

Not sure if your a member of smisa mate. If you are don't you find the Kibble veto vote concerning.  

Is that you just noticed?
There straight on social media after work most nights crying about something or another its embarassing 2bh 🤣🤣

It seems to me to be worse than it’s ever been. There’s a ridiculous over reaction to absolutely everything. After that draw with St Johnstone you’d think that relegation had just been confirmed. Short memories indeed. Anyway, we’ve just signed that Aussie right wing back.
IMG_6434.jpg