The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

31 minutes ago, Ric said:

No, I'm vaccinated and happily wear a mask and avoid licking public surfaces so all in all.. I'm not overly bothered about catching Covid (Of course a comment like that is like showing the V sign to fate, although I think I've already had Covid in March of last year). It's more the availability of those tickets, and then in turn the ease at which you can get into the stadium

Yea I get it read some fans did not get in till 3.15 none season ticket holders.  I'm looking forward to the United game back in the 1877 club. The season I have been issued is not ideal as my seat in the red zone is near the back in the middle so great view for both goal mouth areas.  

2 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Yea I get it read some fans did not get in till 3.15 none season ticket holders.  I'm looking forward to the United game back in the 1877 club. The season I have been issued is not ideal as my seat in the red zone is near the back in the middle so great view for both goal mouth areas.  

I understand why people are annoyed with the way the club has handled things, but it's not really affected me. I've never had a ST and always just rocked up and paid at the gate.

I'm happy for ST holders being sorted out first and the "walk ups" dealt with once everything is in place.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

I
About 40 pages of boring shite on the matter on B & W army if you're that interested.

I think they're valid questions but, as usual, it was hijacked by the usual suspects from both sides of the SMiSA/Kibble divide.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I think they're valid questions but, as usual, it was hijacked by the usual suspects from both sides of the SMiSA/Kibble divide.

I would agree. I'm not on B&W army so this is the first I have been aware of it. I'm happy to admit I voted against Kibble partnership as I saw no need for the process to accelerate and I didn't see anything pressing wrong with the club that required these additional skills they brought. 

I don't think the questions have been raised in the right manner but they should definitely be asked if it is jobs-for-the-boys type stuff. I think the point about this Gillespie chap setting up his own company (a month after the Kibble vote) is perhaps the most damning. It may just be a coincidence of happening when he now has an involvement in an unregulated environment. 

Edit: It could, of course, be that this twitter account was beaten to a contract by Renderworks and they are out to besmirch them and all involved.

Edited by buddie06smfc

9 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

I would agree. I'm not on B&W army so this is the first I have been aware of it. I'm happy to admit I voted against Kibble partnership as I saw no need for the process to accelerate and I didn't see anything pressing wrong with the club that required these additional skills they brought. 

I don't think the questions have been raised in the right manner but they should definitely be asked if it is jobs-for-the-boys type stuff. I think the point about this Gillespie chap setting up his own company (a month after the Kibble vote) is perhaps the most damning. It may just be a coincidence of happening when he now has an involvement in an unregulated environment. 

Edit: It could, of course, be that this twitter account was beaten to a contract by Renderworks and they are out to besmirch them and all involved.

Agree with all of this. I too voted against Kibble involvement.

From what I read of the B & W Army outpouring, before I lost the will to live, at times it had the stench of someone with a particular axe to grind. 

That Twitter account is pretty suspect tbh. Some of what it tweets is pretty easily disproved, it's a completely anonymous account, and provides absolutely zero evidence for anything it's saying. I mean, the company working the pie stalls for example has pretty openly and publicly announced last week, and it wasn't renderworks.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

That Twitter account is pretty suspect tbh. Some of what it tweets is pretty easily disproved, it's a completely anonymous account, and provides absolutely zero evidence for anything it's saying. I mean, the company working the pie stalls for example has pretty openly and publicly announced last week, and it wasn't renderworks.

Someone else was supposedly taking the contract on but that then fell through. I have no idea if it was renderworks.

I have no problem shifting contracts to established companies - such as with the shop - but there does seem something a bit odd with what happened with the stewarding.

53 minutes ago, Stu said:

Someone else was supposedly taking the contract on but that then fell through. I have no idea if it was renderworks.

I have no problem shifting contracts to established companies - such as with the shop - but there does seem something a bit odd with what happened with the stewarding.

I don't really have a problem with switching contracts to any company tbh, it's common, and the big company I work for do it all the time, both to start ups and established companies growing into new areas. It's also not as if the stewarding, or ticketing for example was good before, people were always complaining about both, home and away fans. I'm pretty sure the old ticketing system didn't even work on an iPhone! Even the catering in hospitality was pretty dreadful last time I was there, compensated for of course by the amount of booze they pour down your neck instead. For me, all this stuff did need changed.

My big issue is that they clearly didn't think fans would be back this quickly and weren't ready for it. I'm positive that was the real reason for the 1000 fan limit early doors, and losing the season ticket holders data, whoever's fault it was, was complete amateur hour stuff that would have cost the club renewals.

5 hours ago, GAD said:

I agree , things don't seem to be running smoothly behind the scenes , but I'm sure it'll all be sorted out soon. The bad mouthing just seems similar to some of the rubbish talked about Smisa on the forums after the fan ownership bid got the go ahead.