The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I’m hearing Kennedy will sign a PCA in January but as it stands it’s just another rumour. Goodwin needs to sign a decent replacement for Connoly as a matter of urgency. The lack of genuine pace throughout the squad is a big concern.
It's a replacement (of a similar standard) for Durmus that is the biggest requirement. Connolly was nothing more than a bit part squad player. Classic quick but didn't always take the ball with him type.

4 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Message on my mobile regarding my seat in the main-stand to call back. Take we are all being moved from that stand. Not affecting me I'm up in Applecross.  

Yeah, I’m usually in M4 and that’s in the ‘red zone’ so moved to M3 for the St Js game 

It's a replacement (of a similar standard) for Durmus that is the biggest requirement. Connolly was nothing more than a bit part squad player. Classic quick but didn't always take the ball with him type.

I think Tanser as a direct swap for Durmus at left wing back isn’t too bad, his crossing ability is tremendous. We missed a trick not going for Naismith when he got released by Ross County, if ever there was a player suited to 3-5-2 it’s him.

We are still a right sided player and central midfielder short.

I obviously wish Goodwin well, however the cynic in me suggests this is just a ruse so Jim can set up his tent outside Kennedy's house allowing him to monitor the lad 24/7.
You definitely seem a bit more obsessed about a perceived pursuit of Kennedy than anyone else I've seen, Goodwin included. Odd !!!

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

You definitely seem a bit more obsessed about a perceived pursuit of Kennedy than anyone else I've seen, Goodwin included. Odd !!!

Ach... nah... after several stories over a number of days all relating to the one press conference, and for his comments to be a "tad thirsty", it's all just a meme now.

Honestly, the best thing Goodwin can do to make himself better is to avoid the Celtic game altogether. It's pretty much what I'll be doing!