The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

However, if each ballot is held independently (ie: not weighting in those who got tickets before) then it's statistically within range for some people to be successful each time and others not.

Yeah, that stats aren't that improbable - roughly three consecutive 1/2 chances - but I think it's reasonable to say it should have been weighted for people who've missed out.

I just hope there's not the same level of no shows as there was at the Thistle game. Hopefully any fans successful in the ballot turn up this time, especially when so many were desperate to get to this game. 

39 minutes ago, Munoz said:

I just hope there's not the same level of no shows as there was at the Thistle game. Hopefully any fans successful in the ballot turn up this time, especially when so many were desperate to get to this game. 

The fact that you had to opt in this time should, in theory, mean that the vast majority of successful applicants will turn up. The League Cup games saw all ST holders entered, then there would have been £10 or £12, whatever it was, to pay. That had to have had an effect on ‘no shows’. Who knows, there could have been folk on holiday somewhere and found out they were successful. For any number of reasons there could be no shows. Why weren’t ballots ‘opt in’ from the off?

Just now, elvis said:

Don't think there will be anymore signings

There was an interesting remark from Douglas McNeil in the aftermath of him kyboshing the Scott rumour, in which he said that any signing would have to fit the system. This kinda fits with what a few of us were saying about the Middleton rumour: it didn't make a whole heap of sense because he wouldn't necessarily fit in with our system.

I know McNeil isn't picking the team but he is typically on the money with Saints news.

image.png.2b04f796a3dc1ce97967091eba3785df.png

31 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but League Cup games aren't included in season tickets. These games should've been open to anyone

They aren't but only season ticket holders were eligible for the ballot. It kind of make sense but does disadvantage regular gate paying punters. I guess it is difficult to know someone who goes all the time compared to those who only go occasionally.  

I'm also a 3x unsuccessful punter for what it is worth. Bit disappointed with the numbers and the way it has been handled for the Hearts game. Would be nice if the unsuccessful season ticket holders were given something for missing the game on the S, given it should be the only one with restricted numbers. 

They aren't but only season ticket holders were eligible for the ballot. It kind of make sense but does disadvantage regular gate paying punters. I guess it is difficult to know someone who goes all the time compared to those who only go occasionally.  
I'm also a 3x unsuccessful punter for what it is worth. Bit disappointed with the numbers and the way it has been handled for the Hearts game. Would be nice if the unsuccessful season ticket holders were given something for missing the game on the S, given it should be the only one with restricted numbers. 
There are folk who intend to buy Season Tickets that have been entered into the ballot, but haven't actually paid any money yet. Is that fair on folk that have stumped up money already?

I'm another one, it doesn't affect me either way as I don't have an ST.

Hadn't realised all season ticket holders automatically got entered into the draws for the League Cup games. Explains why my dad got a ticket for the Partick game despite there being no chance of him going. Weirdly my brother missed out but got one in the redraw.

Seemed ridiculous that folk could be drawn out for both League Cup games and others ended up not getting a ticket for either. Suppose it's a bit different this weekend given it's included on the season ticket and the cup games weren't.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I understand people's frustrations, and I really pity those who are missing out unfairly. But know this: ballot chat is worse than the actual fucking pandemic right now.

Just wait until Zingali gets started with his ballet chat.

7 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
6 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:
Can anyone tell me how many digit numbers are in the season ticket for logging into SMTV.  Cheers. 

It's the bar code number unfortunately it won't let me log in thankfully those at SMTV are fixing the problem.