The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

This has come from a Twitter feed named "Hulltransfers" so big pinch of salt required I think. Possibility though I suppose that the club is expecting the imminent departure of McGrath  and this deal will be funded by the income from that. 
Well that and the £27m loan from wee nicola

2 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

This has come from a Twitter feed named "Hulltransfers" so big pinch of salt required I think. Possibility though I suppose that the club is expecting the imminent departure of McGrath  and this deal will be funded by the income from that. 

I mean that by itself is a pinch of salt fair enough.

But Hull's manager is also on record saying today that he's going back to Scotland and there's no point in them letting him leave on loan as he'd still be one of their 25, so he'll be leaving permanently. 

42 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Regarding the ex Motherwell players situation, call it what you will but its about time we got a bit of a return from Motherwell. 

Down the years you've had Paul Lambert, Brian Martin, Michael Higdon, John Sutton, Billy Davies off us.

In return we've had utter dugshite like Stuart Carswell, Greg Denham, Jim Gardener, Andy Roddie.

The only decent one I actually remember before Tait was Ian Ross so it's about time we got a few ex-Well bodies who can do us a turn.

Gerry Baker, albeit before my time, was no bad as well.

12 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

TBF the Hull Daily Mail is carrying the story too , with quotes from the Hull manager , so there must be something to it. 

Regarding the ex Motherwell players situation, call it what you will but its about time we got a bit of a return from Motherwell. 
Down the years you've had Paul Lambert, Brian Martin, Michael Higdon, John Sutton, Billy Davies off us.
In return we've had utter dugshite like Stuart Carswell, Greg Denham, Jim Gardener, Andy Roddie.
The only decent one I actually remember before Tait was Ian Ross so it's about time we got a few ex-Well bodies who can do us a turn.
To be fair, a good chunk of those transfers would have been when you were in a lower division than us so you were getting our cast-offs and your better players were upgrading to us. We did pay money for the likes of Lambert and Martin as well so we obviously rated them and you were prepared to accept the offers.

I rated Scott but I think his time at Hull has been hampered by injuries. He's a bit of a confidence player so might have struggled to bounce back and maybe needs the move. We struggled to find the right position for him, probably wide and cutting in (not a target man) and that also maybe hasn't helped his cause as he's not your traditional winger or centre forward.

30 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Came in from work seen the Scott Post on twitter had no idea if it had been posted already on here . Nothing offical from Saints yet. 

Usually if I check in and see there's a lot of activity on the Saints thread, I have a look back at what folk are talking about first, in case something significant has happened.

I'd forgotten about this:

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/interview/how-jim-goodwin-helped-hull-sign-james-scott-as-st-mirren-boss-previews-well-visit/

Seems Jim Goodwin had recommended Scott to Hull when they signed him. Goodwin is close to the management team there. Now this could mean the rumour has legs, or it could mean the press have seen this interview from 18 months ago and just chucked our name on it. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Coventry Saint