The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

im not a smisa member but am thinking of joining on the new fiver a month scheme.i also got a ticket for the pars game but not the thistle game.while i would hate to miss the jambos game  i would totally understand if the guys who have been putting money into the club for 5/6 years were given first dibs.also for those giving nicola  and the scottish government stick i believe it’s renfrewshire council who decide on how many get in.not looking to fall out with anyone over this as we all have different opinions.

What about people who helped fund the bar in the main stand or those who have bought stuff in the club shop? They’ve also put money into the club. It’s a can of worm that really doesn’t need opening. I suspect it’s a non-starter anyway, if these were serious intentions they should have been advertised for all those purchasing a season ticket.

My chances of getting a ticket would be increased with this idea but it would be a shambolic way to go.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

I’ve been putting money into the club since 1976.

i have been putting money into the club since 1968 but i and you have been getting something back for our money.we pay to see the match while the smisa guys have put in over and above that.i totally understand your frustration and hope the hearts game will be the last with restrictions.

29 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Frankly, the only language I’m interested in is the Scottish Government’s language as we head towards August 9th. Their language has been clear - level 0 allows 2000 people in outdoor seated venues, with the ability to apply to the relevant local authority for a higher figure. If approved by the local authority, Scot Gov will not intervene.

The fact we had 500, then 1039 still galls. The inability, or unwillingness, to have a single supporter in that big main stand is, in my opinion, nothing short of disgraceful.

My opinion on St Mirren’s ‘language’ is best kept to myself.

This is apparently a rule for all clubs in Scotland. They're required to have the main stand clear of fans to allow players to safely socially distance and to allow the club a safe space in which they can carry out activities related to the club while minimalising the risk of COVID. St Mirren will have had zero say in the matter, neither have we or any other club.

This is apparently a rule for all clubs in Scotland. They're required to have the main stand clear of fans to allow players to safely socially distance and to allow the club a safe space in which they can carry out activities related to the club while minimalising the risk of COVID. St Mirren will have had zero say in the matter, neither have we or any other club.

Has that been newly introduced? Airdrie had fans in their main stand for the Motherwell game. I can’t recall where the subs were located but fans were definitely in the main stand.

Just now, Buddie Holly said:

i have been putting money into the club since 1968 but i and you have been getting something back for our money.we pay to see the match while the smisa guys have put in over and above that.i totally understand your frustration and hope the hearts game will be the last with restrictions.

I know folk who make my ‘since 1976’ statistic look lightweight - as indeed yours does. However, joining SMiSA or being active in that way never has, nor does, interest them. Their ‘non SMiSA’ status should not affect their chances in any ST holder ballot. Completely seperate issue - wanting to reward SMiSA members that is. Something I have zero problem with as long as it rewards them without punishing others.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Give it a rest with this talking sense stuff, you’ll get nowhere with our fans who love a moan without knowing the facts.

Just now, buddie06smfc said:

Has that been newly introduced? Airdrie had fans in their main stand for the Motherwell game. I can’t recall where the subs were located but fans were definitely in the main stand.

Not too sure, but for all of our games we've been located in the away stand. It possibly depends on the number of people employed by the club and size of the main stand vs other stands. We had asked the club about it before and were told about the rule 

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I must have imagined seeing fans in both the Airdrie and Stenhousemuir Main Stands last week.

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

I must have imagined seeing fans in both the Airdrie and Stenhousemuir Main Stands last week.

Could be a Premiership thing possibly but there's definitely something in it. Possible that players being PT vs FT makes a difference too? We had a similar thing with folk kicking off asking about why they can't use their seat

13 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Rangers v Real Madrid a few days ago. Main stand side of ground. Plenty Sevconians in their main stand (left side of photo where ball is).

EA71C579-0C65-4760-9E24-AE9D1CBCB6DF.jpeg

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Rangers v Real Madrid a few days ago. Main stand side of ground. Plenty Sevconians in their main stand (left side of photo where ball is).

EA71C579-0C65-4760-9E24-AE9D1CBCB6DF.jpeg

Possibly different rules for stand sizes maybe? I'd imagine Livi's stand and St Mirren's stand are of similar size and both clubs need the entire thing in order to safely distance

24 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We had fans in the O'Donnell stand on Saturday.

Also our subs were back to being on the bench.

2112345128_ScreenShot2021-07-28at15_24_07.png.12bcc1f6e82ef141fdd904df4b5c118e.png

E7ETmDuWQBEdvuI?format=jpg&name=large

I sat in the Main Stand at McDiarmid on Saturday, plus we've got supporters in there for the Motherwell game in a couple of weeks. I'd imagine it's to do with safe distances between players and supporters/press , being able to provide seperate access points for each team, supporters etc. rather than a blanket ban on supporters in the stand? 

I see we are no further forward as to why our main stand is off limits [emoji23].

Anyway historical week for the club and fans. Feel as if it's all been a bit soured with everything that's going on. In normal circumstances a much bigger deal with have been made of the achievement.

Let's hope we top it off with a win in Dundee.

11 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I see we are no further forward as to why our main stand is off limits emoji23.png.

Anyway historical week for the club and fans. Feel as if it's all been a bit soured with everything that's going on. In normal circumstances a much bigger deal with have been made of the achievement.

Let's hope we top it off with a win in Dundee.

Very much looking forward to some meaningful football breaking out, tbh. The lack of shite transfer rumours (Middleton being about all we've had), combined with the crowds debacle, has made the summer drag somewhat so far.

1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:

can someone confirm it is renfrewshire council that make any crowd decisions?

I can confirm that Renfrewshire Council has been in constant dialogue with St Mirren FC and partners as part of the Stadium Advisory Group (SAG) – this group is Chaired by Assistant Building Standards Manager and is also attended by Environmental Health – Business Regulation Manager.

St Mirren’s first spectator match was on the 13 July 2021, they were observing 2m social distancing and had an occupant capacity of 500 persons. A renfrewshire council official attended the match and observed their access/egress and general spectator arrangements which were satisfactory. Only three stands were in use (North, West and South) with the Main Stand declared as the Red zone for the team and press. No away fans were present.

They have an occupant capacity of 1039 for 1m social distancing and have currently moved to this model.

Like many others, we await the announcement from the First Minister next week with regards to further easing of restrictions from the indicative date of 9 August 2021 and this will likely lead to further discussions and a meeting of the SAG to discuss future capacities.

scottish-fa-return-to-playing-brochure.pdf (scottishfa.co.uk)

The rules and regulations for clubs are made quite clear in the link to the document above. Every club has to have a designated red zone.

It would seem that some clubs are stretching the rules.

image.png.669de3d1adaaf19a9214bd713fb73d55.png

image.png.99146f3a066b127adc6bfe71d1dbefb9.png

image.png.07094ee363e0e46a72cd1074683e2aea.png

Interesting to note the following from the Dundee thread.

The Derry and the Main Stand won’t open under any restrictions. The Derry because the toilets are the same route in and out, the Main Stand because of a lack of a concourse. 

Edited by FTOF