The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

On 23/07/2021 at 09:00, aldo_j said:

We’ll see on the £200k. However, we are talking about a club that can’t run a ‘fair’ ticketing scheme for the cup games - literally a 5 minute job on excel.

Totally mate. The clubs not in sync with a fair few fans at present. The ballot is a joke. 16 months watching on the internet and all they had to do was have a fair draw. If you get Dunfermline your number isn’t in the thistle ballot. Total mess and leaving a lot Of fans fed up. I’ll likely lose my seat seeing nobody at the club wants my money to renew. Imagine a premier league club that prides itself in having a close bond with its support yet you can’t get an answer to an email sent five weeks ago nor a phone call many times over. What a lot of nonsense. The rigmarole trying to get my two boys added online and just renew my own seat has been unbelievable. 

# in you we trust 

# always evolving 

# couldn’t run a raffle 

Edited by Norrie82

4 hours ago, Norrie82 said:

Totally mate. The clubs not in sync with a fair few fans at present. The ballot is a joke. 16 months watching on the internet and all they had to do was have a fair draw. If you get Dunfermline your number isn’t in the thistle ballot. Total mess and leaving a lot Of fans fed up. I’ll likely lose my seat seeing nobody at the club wants my money to renew. Imagine a premier league club that prides itself in having a close bond with its support yet you can’t get an answer to an email sent five weeks ago nor a phone call many times over. What a lot of nonsense. The rigmarole trying to get my two boys added online and just renew my own seat has been unbelievable. 

# in you we trust 

# always evolving 

# couldn’t run a raffle 

I honestly thought the club had got much better at this sort of thing over the past few years. We seem to have went massively backwards this season. A week to go til the season starts and we have no idea when we can buy strips, I appreciate there’s the sponsor issue but there’s been zero comms since the strip was released. Now I don’t buy them for myself but I have a 9 and 12 year old that love getting the home and away strips each season and I’m sure there are hundreds like them.

the STs this year are another issue, my pal has been trying to get hold of someone for a couple weeks and is getting nowhere.

the ballot is a shambles and is just creating bad feelings. The fact some fans have handed their tickets back for the thistle game as they got the Dunfermline game as they didn’t think it was right says it all yet the club couldn’t be arsed removing those 500 fans from the ballot.  There’s also been no comms around why we are only getting £1k in for the game tomorrow or even if they have requested more etc 

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

It’s weird having our transfer business really organized, I’m missing playing spot the random trialist.

We still have time to acquire "a random European jobber"

9 hours ago, Stan Bo said:

I honestly thought the club had got much better at this sort of thing over the past few years. We seem to have went massively backwards this season. A week to go til the season starts and we have no idea when we can buy strips, I appreciate there’s the sponsor issue but there’s been zero comms since the strip was released. Now I don’t buy them for myself but I have a 9 and 12 year old that love getting the home and away strips each season and I’m sure there are hundreds like them.

the STs this year are another issue, my pal has been trying to get hold of someone for a couple weeks and is getting nowhere.

the ballot is a shambles and is just creating bad feelings. The fact some fans have handed their tickets back for the thistle game as they got the Dunfermline game as they didn’t think it was right says it all yet the club couldn’t be arsed removing those 500 fans from the ballot.  There’s also been no comms around why we are only getting £1k in for the game tomorrow or even if they have requested more etc 

Absolutely agree with all of this. I emailed them mid June with a general ticket enquiry and nobody has got back to me. I’ve called them umpteen times and emailed again but still nothing. Online they have the wrong seat despite me registering my seat on June 25th. I can’t even buy two under 12 seats online. My kids are so excited but the optimism and excitement I had has been replaced by anger at a club that is more interested in sending out stupid # in you we trust messages rather than dealing with lifelong fans - also don’t get me started on the ballot. What a joke 

Edited by Norrie82

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

It’s weird having our transfer business really organized, I’m missing playing spot the random trialist.

We will be losing our best player soon and another too so don’t worry you’ll likely get your wish 

1 minute ago, Norrie82 said:

Absolutely agree with all of this. I emailed them mid June with a general ticket enquiry and nobody has got back to me. I’ve called them umpteen times and emailed again but still nothing. Online they have the wrong seat despite me registering my seat on June 25th. I can’t even buy two under 12 seats online. My kids are so excited but the optimism and excitement I had had been replaced by anger at a club that is more interested in sending out stupid # in you we trust messages rather than dealing with lifelong fans 

It's rife at all clubs this Summer, for some reason.

I bought a Saints season ticket almost two months ago. Still not arrived, no response from the club yet.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's rife at all clubs this Summer, for some reason.

I bought a Saints season ticket almost two months ago. Still not arrived, no response from the club yet.

Sadly for us all, so is whining about it repeatedly on more than one forum apparently.

51 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

What exactly does the SLO do?, surely that post is for handling the issues and being a link between the club and fans and having contact? 

Hopefully I’ll find out next week. As others are saying, queries to the club simply go unanswered, so I contacted the SLOs yesterday. They’ll need time to look into my three (perfectly reasonable) questions and get back to me. Simple questions, but ones I need answers to prior to the Hearts game. I maybe should have contacted the SLOs first, but I genuinely thought the nature of the questions meant it would be better using the club ‘contact us’ address. No matter, let’s see how it goes from here.

Maybe it works like this. Contact the SLOs, they contact Tony. Tony tells them ‘speak to Mr Kibble’. Mr Kibble tells them ‘need to speak to GLS’. GLS tells them ‘ask Campbell Kennedy’. Campbell picks up the phone, dials Ali Defoy’s number and says ‘we need another Facebook video, some more chunts are asking us questions’…

Kidding. Calm down folks. Hell, maybe it does work like that though. 🤐

Edited by pozbaird

If you get time, and I agree that you shouldn't have to do this, pop down to the ticket office. My mate was having problems renewing his season ticket. He went down on Friday and it was sorted in ten minutes.

I know that it's not easy for everyone to do that. However, if it's causing people so much angst, then surely it's better to be proactive and take matters into your own hands?

I just think that McCarthy is a far better defender.
I'd rather see Fraser in a a wing back role as I think he offers a lot going forward, whilst being more solid defensively that most wing backs.
Anyway I'm probably wrong, McCarthy will be off and our back three will be Fraser/Shaughnessy/Dunne (if he stays fit).
Fraser starts. McCarthy on the bench.

First step towards McCarthy leaving?

Didn't see Dennis in the squad. Injured again?

Job done.

We have never had it so easy qualifying in this group format so can't complain.

Made a bit of a meal of making sure we were seeded for the next round but we have achieved that too.

Would rather have played the game against Dumbarton as it has clearly scuppered our planning to get players up to speed.

Onto Dundee for the big opener now.

26 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Job done.

We have never had it so easy qualifying in this group format so can't complain.

Made a bit of a meal of making sure we were seeded for the next round but we have achieved that too.

Would rather have played the game against Dumbarton as it has clearly scuppered our planning to get players up to speed.

Onto Dundee for the big opener now.

Eh? You’re not seeded? 
You needed a 2-0 win 

Edited by Thenorthernlight