The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

STs we’re supposed to go on general sale today.  Can’t see anything on the OS. 

Yes. Original general sale date was the 13th then on the 9th it was announced that this was to be pushed back to the 20th. Here we are at 4pm on the 20th and no further information.

With the first league game a few weeks away it doesn't really make much difference but....... pretty amateurish it has to be said. Looks like migrating season ticket holders to the new system has been a major headache.

Following on from Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs successfully upping the attendance numbers for their Euro games…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57901573

First home league game for us v Hearts is, I believe, Aug 7. Two days before Aug 9 when apparently life returns to normal(ish). Let’s hope GLS & Fitzy are on this. Renfrewshire Council? Scot Gov? Scottish Police? Don’t know who they need to contact, but let’s hope we see something soon on the club website to let us know they’ve been extremely pro-active in looking to get decent numbers in for a game oh-so-close to freedom day anyway.

Edited by pozbaird

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Following on from Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs successfully upping the attendance numbers for their Euro games…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57901573

First home league game for us v Hearts is, I believe, Aug 7. Two days before Aug 9 when apparently life returns to normal(ish). Let’s hope GLS & Fitzy are on this. Renfrewshire Council? Scot Gov? Scottish Police? Don’t know who they need to contact, but let’s hope we see something soon on the club website to let us know they’ve been extremely pro-active in looking to get decent numbers in for a game oh-so-close to freedom day anyway.

It's the Local Authority. The ScotGov have already stated that they will not interfere with a LA decision regarding approval or denial of a request for an increased capacity.

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

It's the Local Authority. The ScotGov have already stated that they will not interfere with a LA decision regarding approval or denial of a request for an increased capacity.

Cheers. Let’s hope they’ve been on to Renfrewshire Council then.

Edited by pozbaird

6 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
17 minutes ago, pozbaird said:
Cheers. Let’s hope they’ve been on to Renfrewshire Council then.

Knowing the RC the club won't get a response until oh I dunno November at the earliest.

Got to ask them first though. Last I heard, we hadn’t approached them.

Really poor so far. Very scrappy
The old Pro Ev L1+triangle chipped through ball move certainly isn't working for us so far, most balls going out of play or we are found offside.

Keeping the ball, trying to tire Stenny out in the heat.

MacPherson and Erhahon should be doing better with the ball.

Embarrassing first half performance. Better get the finger out for the second half.
I'd expect players like Kiltie, Flynn, Cammy and Erhahon to stand out in a game like this. Show their quality but nobody has stood out.

Here's one for@randomguy I've noticed Tanser take a lot of corners and set pieces for us in his first couple of games. Did he assist much from set pieces for the Perth Saints?

Our final ball has been rotten.