The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

He'll end up rocking up at some League 2 mob no doubt. 

To be fair, if Obika can get a L1 gig, I'd imagine that would be JDH's level as well. He's not good enough for the Championship, I'd say, unless a newly-promoted side came in for him. 

Edit: that said, I imagine Obika got a L1 gig because his agent isn't a complete waste of space.

Edited by Coventry Saint

20 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Hilarious that someone will stick with an agent who has managed to stiff him two summers in a row.

Well done to Dundee Utd for just going 'nah, not for us'. Hopefully we will officially pull whatever offer may still be on the table though I do expect privately that the offer is already not there anymore.

Yeah, we've got Erhahon, Flynn, Power, MacPherson, McGrath and Kiltie all signed up for next season. No way JDH is staying.

More time to speak to other clubs? He's been dicking us around for six months in the hope of other offers. If he hasn't had one now, he ain't getting one. If he tries coming crawling back to us we should tell him to do one. Maybe his agent works for Skyview.

Out of interest, if he had signed for United (or another Scottish club) would we have been due about 45p in compensation due to his age and the fact we had tried to keep him?

Yeah Douglas McNeil reporting it, quelle surprise.

That's actually a shocker of a move for him - he's a significant downgrade on Alex Gogic, Jackson Irvine and Scott Allan. Not to mention Mallan, Magennis and Hallberg as well.

Where's he fitting into that Hibs side?

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah Douglas McNeil reporting it, quelle surprise.

That's actually a shocker of a move for him - he's a significant downgrade on Alex Gogic, Jackson Irvine and Scott Allan. Not to mention Mallan, Magennis and Hallberg as well.

Where's he fitting into that Hibs side?

Mallan and Hallberg will be away. No sign that Irvine is staying either unfortunately. 

Edited by Zing.

Just now, Zing. said:

Mallan and Hallberg will be away. No sign that Irvine is staying either unfortunately. 

I thought Irvine had signed a new deal. He's a good enough player but a genuine step down in quality from what's already in that Hibs midfield.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I thought Irvine had signed a new deal. He's a good enough player but a genuine step down in quality from what's already in that Hibs midfield.

Yeah I can’t say I’m overly happy with him signing. Hopefully just a squad player. 

10 minutes ago, Zing. said:

What's the deal with Allan? Has he got a route back in after his loan spell?

+1 for absolutely wanting to take Mallan back. Doubt we could afford him, sadly.

Also, this is annoying as I have to eat my words about his agent; Hibs is clearly a good move, even if none of us can see him getting much game time.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

+1 for absolutely wanting to take Mallan back. Doubt we could afford him, sadly.

Also, this is annoying as I have to eat my words about his agent; Hibs is clearly a good move, even if none of us can see him getting much game time.

I always felt his loan spell was just to get minutes back in his legs after his heart issues. He was never out of favour at Hibs as far as I know.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Allan will be back in the team every week if he can manage it I think. Was a regular for Ross before he had to stop playing. 

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If it allows Mallan to come the other way, I'd be OK with that.

Mallan is a good player but don't see us being interested in another CM. Think we'd prefer to get another winger in. 

Amazing work from the agent to wait until Hibs inevitably get another ex Saint!