The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

That's quite the turn up. Skyview have clearly overstretched their involvement here.

I did always wonder what the motivations of a company based in asset repurposing out in LA were to sponsor a club in Scotland, even if one of their higher ups was apparently a Saints fan.

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's quite the turn up. Skyview have clearly overstretched their involvement here.

I did always wonder what the motivations of a company based in asset repurposing out in LA were to sponsor a club in Scotland, even if one of their higher ups was apparently a Saints fan.

Wow. Explains the lack of a new shirt, tbf. Makes me wonder how Skyview thought that would pan out, fucking shysters 😂

My prediction: sponsored by Kibble.

Edited by Coventry Saint

You’d have to think changing shirt sponsor this late will cause some issues for launching the new kits or are they going to frantically stick the new sponsor logo over the top of Skyview?

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Certainly chanced their arm.

However, heartening to see that we weren't duped into signing anything away, and that we could walk away unscathed.

Also good to hear that we've secured a decent replacement.

I'm guessing this answers the question as to why there hasn't been an announcement on the strips. From the press release, it sounds a bit dodgy and I'm hoping that we don't get involved in some lengthy litigation.

In terms of the major Scottish organisation, anyone got a hint of who it is?

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'm guessing this answers the question as to why there hasn't been an announcement on the strips. From the press release, it sounds a bit dodgy and I'm hoping that we don't get involved in some lengthy litigation.

It could be anyone really. I'm guessing at this stage if we've ended up a bit desperate it'll probably be a well known brand that might sound impressive, but they won't be paying us as much!

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

Foxbar Video.

8 minutes ago, GAD said:

It could be anyone really. I'm guessing at this stage if we've ended up a bit desperate it'll probably be a well known brand that might sound impressive, but they won't be paying us as much!

St Mirren sponsored by Pie and Bovril.

#scenes

13 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Now those were grim times. Did they not win it in a raffle and traded it to Phoenix Honda? 

It was either Phoenix or Ingram motors.

It was Charlie Farqhuar, who was a Physics teacher at JNHS, that part owned Foxbar video.

7 minutes ago, btb said:

If Skyview had wanted shares in the club the time was last year when they could have challenged Kibble but I wouldn't want SMISA  to go below the 51% they currently own.

Honestly, it's bizarre. You have to assume this was their endgame all along. Foot in the door, cheeky bid for shares when they think our resolve might be low.

Look at Man City. Ethically speaking, the the Venn diagram of sponsors and owners should be two distinct circles. Feel free to quote me when Kibble are announced.

11 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Honestly, it's bizarre. You have to assume this was their endgame all along. Foot in the door, cheeky bid for shares when they think our resolve might be low.

Look at Man City. Ethically speaking, the the Venn diagram of sponsors and owners should be two distinct circles. Feel free to quote me when Kibble are announced.

Skylab could always send one of their Terminators back to last year to take out Kibble.

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Millions...

Maybe Skyview just wanted out so came up with a proposal linked to sponsorship they knew would be unacceptable to the club, allowing them to walk away?

Bit weird we only had a verbal agreement with our potential sponsor at this stage. Also wonder what triggered the club to suddenly look to see if they were "an appropriate and viable" partner for the club, which they seem to have started down before this ultimatum over shares was made.

The sponsor will almost certainly be Kibble - the statement says organisation rather than company or business. As long as they pay the going rate that's fine with me. Not quite so good if they get it discounted due to their shareholding, although if it's in exchange for services rendered it might not be too bad.

There's almost certainly more to this than the club is saying but not too fussed if we haven't been hurt financially. Not as if some local firm is being shafted. Skyview Capital always sound like the name of a company a Bond baddie would be running.

Edited by Stu