The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Anyway, this sort of went off on a tangent from the ridiculousness of 500 people in an 8000 seat stadium but that isn't the club's fault.

Hopefully by the time we get around to August we will be looking at least atvall season ticket holders getting in but I'd love to be in a position to welcome away fans too this season.

Ilkay Durmus has signed for Lechia Gdansk in Poland.
Quite pleased he's not gone elsewhere in Scotland, tbh.

Good move for him that, finished 6th in their top league last year. Imagine he’s got a decent pay rise.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Ilkay Durmus has signed for Lechia Gdansk in Poland.

Quite pleased he's not gone elsewhere in Scotland, tbh.

Ilkay for me is definitely the player we are going to find the hardest to replace. 

I’m delighted he’s gone to a Polish side and we won’t have to see him tear us a new one.

25 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Ilkay for me is definitely the player we are going to find the hardest to replace. 

I’m delighted he’s gone to a Polish side and we won’t have to see him tear us a new one.

Ilkay Durmus

Good luck to him.

Looks like he'll be playing in a slightly bigger stadium than last year.:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Totally agree. On his day he was a class act. A replacement will be difficult to get in. 

As others have said, glad Durmus won't be in Scotland next year. No doubt he'd play pish for whoever signed him and turn it on against us.

I assume he'll be getting paid more in Poland than he was here? Genuinely no idea of what the wage difference would be but must be worth his while to make the move.

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

As others have said, glad Durmus won't be in Scotland next year. No doubt he'd play pish for whoever signed him and turn it on against us.

I assume he'll be getting paid more in Poland than he was here? Genuinely no idea of what the wage difference would be but must be worth his while to make the move.

Google suggests average attendance at new club there is 16k+. I know that's a crude measure and doesn't take ticket costs/sponsorship into account, but as a rough guide you'd imagine they have more spending power than we do.

His agent seems like the well-connected, pan-European type, and they've got to be happy with how Durmus' time has gone at Saints. I'd like to think we'd be tapping him up for more players, Brexit permitting.

Great move for the lad, really nice location on the coast, closer to Germany and no doubt more money with a cheaper cost of living.
Like CS says, hopefully we created a good relationship with his agent and he can send some others our way.

I am in a United WhatsApp group chat not much is known about your lad Doyle Hayes anyone got proper info like positions he plays, strengths/weakness that kinda thing? cheers and what a great result last night 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Edited by GFARAB82