The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

There is quite literally a much, much higher chance of someone dying in a road traffic accident than a double dosed person dying of covid.

Yup. Crazy how far this has all gone.

3 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

For the record I worked during lock down. 

So have I, classed as a "key worker" somehow so been working constantly throughout. Strangely I'm not terrified of the virus killing me because I'm stood outside next to someone for 2hrs, though.

Just now, ZingaliMan said:

I get your point but no one can see what's round the corner. Things will need to change soon though as I know a few fans who have said they won't buy a season ticket with current restrictions.  

So why is this only applicable to covid and not life? Would you not get on a plane in case it crashed? Would you not go swimming in case your leg cramps and you drown?

If people wish not to buy tickets, it's their prerogative. I'm encouraged that we are going out and signing players without knowing ST numbers as it shows we're quite comfortable with where we are financially and not needing that money so much to prop us up.

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

So why is this only applicable to covid and not life? Would you not get on a plane in case it crashed? Would you not go swimming in case your leg cramps and you drown?

If people wish not to buy tickets, it's their prerogative. I'm encouraged that we are going out and signing players without knowing ST numbers as it shows we're quite comfortable with where we are financially and not needing that money so much to prop us up.

Sorry mate your away in the wrong direction.  Under current restrictions the main stand has to be closed to fans. That leaves three stands for a total of 500 fans. Its a ballot for 500. Works out 1 game in 7. Some will be up for that some won't I'm in the latter. If I could get in most home games I would renew no question.  

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

Sorry mate your away in the wrong direction.  Under current restrictions the main stand has to be closed to fans. That leaves three stands for a total of 500 fans. Its a ballot for 500. Works out 1 game in 7. Some will be up for that some won't I'm in the latter. If I could get in most home games I would renew no question.  

By the time we hit the start of the season, there will be even less reason for games to be restricted to 500 than there is right now.

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Has anyone else seen this mentioned anywhere? If it is true what is the reasoning behind it?

No idea Kenny Morrison  wrote it on the tweet from Saints in Q & A. Suppose he is taking into account club and away officals and so on.  

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Don't think I will bother with a season ticket as I work some Saturdays.  Ballet of 500 so could be picked the Saturday at work then back to the end of the line again. Obviously not the clubs fault only 500 aloud in. I'm not prepared to pay £365 again for a few games this season. Edit This pandemic could kick in big time this coming winter. 

A ballet of 500? I'm not getting a season ticket either then, its the football i want to watch, not fecking Swan Lake.

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Don't think I will bother with a season ticket as I work some Saturdays.  Ballet of 500 so could be picked the Saturday at work then back to the end of the line again. Obviously not the clubs fault only 500 aloud in. I'm not prepared to pay £365 again for a few games this season. Edit This pandemic could kick in big time this coming winter. 

Is someone leading you a merry dance?

If the limit really is 500 (and I haven’t seen that confirmed anywhere), I can’t imagine why anyone would renew.  

https://www.stmirren.com/club-news/4011-season-ticket-q-a

Says here about the 500 fans. this must be due to current levels etc, but it Seems mental that Hampden has like 20% and we are allowed 6% or something like that?!
Surly if we get to level 0 then it's max capacity?

I will be renewing purely because I prefer the St Mirren TV site to St Mirren PPV site. Along with balloting the 500 tickets, if restrictions still apply, they should also ballot the commentary roles for the TV & PPV streams, ball boys, security staff (if needed) etc. 500+ fans in the ground now & an innovative ploy as they are so keen to show how innovative the club is. Especially the commentary team as we’ve had some horrendous double acts last season.

9 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

I will be renewing purely because I prefer the St Mirren TV site to St Mirren PPV site. Along with balloting the 500 tickets, if restrictions still apply, they should also ballot the commentary roles for the TV & PPV streams, ball boys, security staff (if needed) etc. 500+ fans in the ground now & an innovative ploy as they are so keen to show how innovative the club is. Especially the commentary team as we’ve had some horrendous double acts last season.

As I said I can’t imagine why anyone would renew. 

25 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Especially the commentary team as we’ve had some horrendous double acts last season.

I can't remember the name of the guy who does the home games, sorry if you post on here. He's usually well informed and I have no issue with him.

McColm is dreadful. He'll start a sentence, pause and finish it 30 seconds later. I hope he's been listening to the likes of Tyldesley on ITV and Drury on Optus/other foreign channels and learn when to drop in a stat or anecdote and when to focus on the game. Thankfully he mostly only covers away games.

My cousin Campbell also only does away games as he's the matchday announcer but is very insightful, spotting tactical systems for both teams right from the off and is usually spot on with what changes we need to make. However he is a fan and, like the rest of us, is very enthusiastic at criticising the officials.

Alan McManus is also excellent with his tactical analysis but has a boring voice.

All clubs will struggle to sell season tickets if they need to ballot for fans. Last season fans wanted to protect the club and paid pretty much knowing we wouldn’t see many games if any. Now with freedom day being muted as a month or so away surely the club will be pushing to maximise the amount of fans in stadiums . You know by late sept adults will have had two jags and then surely it’s everyone back in? Clubs can’t survive unless it is 

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're aware there's a vaccine that's currently destroying the "pandemic" as any form of threat don't you?

Hopefully by August everyone has come to their senses and realised its no more of a threat than the cold so restrictions aren't needed.

Theres more chance of the flu killing you than any Covid variant.

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

There is quite literally a much, much higher chance of someone dying in a road traffic accident than a double dosed person dying of covid.

Yup. Crazy how far this has all gone.

So have I, classed as a "key worker" somehow so been working constantly throughout. Strangely I'm not terrified of the virus killing me because I'm stood outside next to someone for 2hrs, though.

EtJ_Vm-VcAAZlN4.jpg.d3a2418c80d586f66fdd38088846602e.jpg

2 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

EtJ_Vm-VcAAZlN4.jpg.d3a2418c80d586f66fdd38088846602e.jpg

You realise that a huge chunk of the planet is actually further along with lifting restrictions than Scotland/UK, don't you?

Our government is literally missing information that the rest of the world has.

On a personal level I don't buy a ST because I work every other Saturday and if there are to be restrictions on the number of people able to attend then I guess it'll be uncertain when I'll be able to get to a match.

On a group level I can see the frustration of paying full price after missing the post-Obika games in 18/19 and the reduced service last season - another season (potentially) of not being able to attend every match would be, as I say, frustrating especially given the current level of progress in dealing with the pandemic.