The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Not really bothered about Connolly leaving. I'd have been more pissed off if it was to another Scottish side. He only started about every third game anyway. He can run very, very fast and that's about it. He was good when he was unknown and eased past defenders. Once they all had a look at him and knew what he was about he was less effective.

JDH if he goes to United would be a decent signing, but to be honest, not overly fussed if he leaves at this point. He has been dicking us about for more than six months, it's clear he has no intention of staying. Pull the deal off the table and let him go. He's hardly irreplaceable.

While I don’t think Doyle-Hayes will be missed, I’m surprised his agent hasn’t been able to find him a better deal in the English 2nd or 3rd tier.  I’m normally anxious when one of our players moves to a rival but I can’t see him causing us any alarms next season. 

2 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

While I don’t think Doyle-Hayes will be missed, I’m surprised his agent hasn’t been able to find him a better deal in the English 2nd or 3rd tier.  I’m normally anxious when one of our players moves to a rival but I can’t see him causing us any alarms next season. 

No we will cause our own like we always do.

5 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I would not say its a done deal they will be talking to his agent we all know its England where he wants to be. So unless United are breaking the bank I would be surprised to see him end up there. 

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

I would not say its a done deal they will be talking to his agent we all know its England where he wants to be. So unless United are breaking the bank I would be surprised to see him end up there. 

Breaking the bank in June - breaking the contracts next January...

Edited by btb

Don't think I will bother with a season ticket as I work some Saturdays.  Ballet of 500 so could be picked the Saturday at work then back to the end of the line again. Obviously not the clubs fault only 500 aloud in. I'm not prepared to pay £365 again for a few games this season. Edit This pandemic could kick in big time this coming winter. 

Edited by ZingaliMan

26 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Don't think I will bother with a season ticket as I work some Saturdays.  Ballet of 500 so could be picked the Saturday at work then back to the end of the line again. Obviously not the clubs fault only 500 aloud in. I'm not prepared to pay £365 again for a few games this season. Edit This pandemic could kick in big time this coming winter. 

You're aware there's a vaccine that's currently destroying the "pandemic" as any form of threat don't you?

Hopefully by August everyone has come to their senses and realised its no more of a threat than the cold so restrictions aren't needed.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're aware there's a vaccine that's currently destroying the "pandemic" as any form of threat don't you?

Hopefully by August everyone has come to their senses and realised its no more of a threat than the cold so restrictions aren't needed.

Your aware International travel will bring in new variants scientists have said this C19 will be hear for years. Vaccine does not protect 100%. Just read our main stand will be closed to fans due,to space restrictions. Have you been given numbers in Perth ? 

3 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Your aware International travel will bring in new variants scientists have said this C19 will be hear for years. Vaccine does not protect 100%. Just read our main stand will be closed to fans due,to space restrictions. Have you been given numbers in Perth ? 

What do you mean "space restrictions"? In terms of seats it's only marginally smaller than the West Stand and the concourse is much bigger than the West.

4 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Enjoy sitting in your house rooted by fear of "variants" in a few months when the rest of us pack out stadiums m8.

Theres more chance of the flu killing you than any Covid variant.

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

FFS. 

No one expects 100% vaccination protection and this was never a condition of the vaccine. The vaccines are absolutely smoking this as a crisis. Variants are only a concern as people buy into the utter shite spouted about mutations by the media. Every single virus in history has constantly mutated and covid is in no way different. Mutations are only a concern if they can escape vaccine and true vaccine escape would take years to happen and a complete cessation of vaccine research and development.

We are right on the cusp of being as safe from covid as we ever will be. The lack of reopening is fucking pathetic at this point and the government both sides of the border have far overreached in terms of what is feasible. 

Edited by djchapsticks

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Enjoy sitting in your house rooted by fear of "variants" in a few months when the rest of us pack out stadiums m8.

There is quite literally a much, much higher chance of someone dying in a road traffic accident than a double dosed person dying of covid.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

For the record I worked during lock down. 

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

FFS. 

No one expects 100% vaccination protection and this was never a condition of the vaccine. The vaccines are absolutely smoking this as a crisis. Variants are only a concern as people buy into the utter shite spouted abput mutations by the media. Every single virus in history has constantly mutated and covid is in no way different. Mutations are only a concern if they can escape vaccine and true vaccine escape would take years to happen and a complete cessation of vaccine research and development.

We are right on the cusp of being as safe from covid as we ever will be. The lack of reopening is fucking pathetic at this point and the government both sides of the border have far overreached in terms of what is feasible. 

I get your point but no one can see what's round the corner. Things will need to change soon though as I know a few fans who have said they won't buy a season ticket with current restrictions.