The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Second quarter looking tricky too.

Yeah, though there are a few more home games in the "should be winning" category you'd think! To be honest, that never really worked out for us last year so who knows. You never really know until a fair bit in who is going to be shit either.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Yeah, though there are a few more home games in the "should be winning" category you'd think! To be honest, that never really worked out for us last year so who knows. You never really know until a fair bit in who is going to be shit either.

Yeah. At this stage it's mainly about praying you don't turn out to be the team that everyone's looking forward playing.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah. At this stage it's mainly about praying you don't turn out to be the team that everyone's looking forward playing.

I could be wrong, but last season after 10 games was it not us at St Johnston rooted to the bottom looking absolutely hopeless? We were definitely down there after our Covid shenanigans.

On 26/05/2021 at 09:13, Coventry Saint said:

As you say, though, I think we can all see how this is going to pan out. We make a public attempt to sign him, and Jim says he's confident in the press. Instead he opts for Tynecastle. Fans back in the ground, at home to Hearts on the opening day, Lafferty gets dogs abuse for 90 minutes before scoring a stoppage time winner and celebrates in front of W7.

Not quite the opening day, but our first home game... is it happening?!

47 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I see the Evening Times has Dundee United chasing JDH. Will they be able to beat us on wages given their level of debt. 

I’d be very surprised if that was his destination. Huge backwards step for his career.

We must be absolutely rolling in it anyway considering the supposed wages we are paying Brophy, Tanser and Kiltie and we've not even bothered to ask anyone for season ticket money yet.