The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I would not discount us getting Hendry just yet. Goodwin has watched Raith a few times then you have some club officals following Hendry on twitter. My money is on Hibs BUT you never know until its offical.  Mallan is up for returning to Turkey read that in one of his interviews.  

9 minutes ago, GAD said:

I get why people think we need an enforcer, but I don't think we do. I think our problems in midfeild last season was that you had two from JDH, MacPherson and Erhahon in there practically standing on top of each other. Need someone to push the midfeild up the park a bit, more than someone else to stand in front of the defence.

I think you need a combo. Ethan and JDH were like a poor man's Lampard and Gerrard; vaguely compatible, but you're not getting the best out of either. 

One box-to-box player and one spoiler is ideal.

42 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think you need a combo. Ethan and JDH were like a poor man's Lampard and Gerrard; vaguely compatible, but you're not getting the best out of either. 

One box-to-box player and one spoiler is ideal.

Yeah, we always looked better with Flynn and one of JDH and Erhahon because Flynn got up the pitch.

Steve’s  wages might be a problem, he’s hardly set for life yet the way Thompson probably was,  so I wouldn’t be surprised if he stayed wherever pays the most, which wouldn’t be us. I hope he comes back one day though. 

6 hours ago, GAD said:

I get why people think we need an enforcer, but I don't think we do. I think our problems in midfeild last season was that you had two from JDH, MacPherson and Erhahon in there practically standing on top of each other. Need someone to push the midfeild up the park a bit, more than someone else to stand in front of the defence.

I don’t think an enforcer and an anchor midfielder are the same thing. None of the players you mentioned would intimidate opposition players. 

I want someone who can put the boot in and make the opposing player think twice about taking a second touch because he knows what’s coming. Not an idiot who gets sent off all the time but someone who is skilled in the dark arts 👍🏻

15 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I see Aberdeen had a knock back for McGrath glad to hear it. Some press reporting recently Peterbrough are interested in him. Saints back for pre-season this week. 

Aberdeen cant afford him

I see Aberdeen had a knock back for McGrath glad to hear it. Some press reporting recently Peterbrough are interested in him. Saints back for pre-season this week. 
Taking a break from the Scotland thing for a day or two now [emoji27]. Back to club matters.

I suppose if we were to sell him the best way to do it is to create a bidding war.

Aberdeen will be mistaken if they think they can rob the current board the same way they did the previous one with McLean.

33 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Taking a break from the Scotland thing for a day or two now emoji27.png. Back to club matters.

Yeah, it's great to be able to take a break from watching a team fail to convert a load of chances in its biggest game for years, to talk about St Mirren for a bit... 😢

32 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, it's great to be able to take a break from watching a team fail to convert a load of chances in its biggest game for years, to talk about St Mirren for a bit... 😢

You forgot to mention giving the opposition a couple of goals due to defensive lapses...................................... :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Has there been any news about the new strip yet?

Miss the B&WA threads on Stripes on the back, 5 of each, adidas sponsor, red numbers, blah...  

I agree half way through the month of June sun has been splitting and we have not even had a sniff of it yet never mind release dates poor show in terms of possible revenue/income why are we always so bad at this.